Let's cut through all the fiction and state facts...

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
... what will the 03/04 Cobra stock fuel system hold to??? Stock pump (with and without the assistance from a BAP) and Stock injectors.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Is it running the wiring upgrade as well....I would hope so....lol....

Info

Stock injectors
Stock Pumps
BAP
Wiring upgrade

sckcobra

Established Member
everything that i have heard is about 480is rwhp. i think 500+rwhp the boost a pump is a good idea. probably also depends where you live as well though...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Christian, it's not quite that simple. First I will assume you are including a stock Eaton, or a ported Eaton. The max for the fuel system varies from car to car. I can tell you for a fact that my meter and pumps with a ported Eaton were maxxed at just under 490rwhp. I upgraded the pumps and meter and was golden at 504rwhp. Others have reported 510+rwhp with the stock meter and pumps. That would make me nervous. I look at it this way. If enough cars are maxxing the meter and pumps at around 490 then that would be what I would call the upgrade point, even though it is possible to push it further up the ladder in some cases. Makes sense to me to be safe and insure an adequate amount of fuel all the time. With some to spare. At that level the stock injectors are fine, but upgrading them to 60# just makes the fuel system work more efficiently. Just remember that the point at which you run out of fuel will vary from car to car. I prefer to play it safe and upgrade BEFORE I run out of fuel.

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
postban said:
Thanks Postban! Yeah, I did read this and, as you stated, it was/IS a tremendous amount of help. Was one of the principle posts that led my mind to begin thinking and wondering about all this. The lean condition was a criticality that I wanted to address and answer the "better safe then sorry" matter.
CobraBob said:
Christian, it's not quite that simple. First I will assume you are including a stock Eaton, or a ported Eaton. The max for the fuel system varies from car to car. I can tell you for a fact that my meter and pumps with a ported Eaton were maxxed at just under 490rwhp. I upgraded the pumps and meter and was golden at 504rwhp. Others have reported 510+rwhp with the stock meter and pumps. That would make me nervous. I look at it this way. If enough cars are maxxing the meter and pumps at around 490 then that would be what I would call the upgrade point, even though it is possible to push it further up the ladder in some cases. Makes sense to me to be safe and insure an adequate amount of fuel all the time. With some to spare. At that level the stock injectors are fine, but upgrading them to 60# just makes the fuel system work more efficiently. Just remember that the point at which you run out of fuel will vary from car to car. I prefer to play it safe and upgrade BEFORE I run out of fuel.
Very true Bob... there's so many variables to answering these types of questions. Understanding that these cars are "individuals" and each one can maintain different characteristics from the other. It's just that the variations are spread so far in between the spectrum, I just was wondering if there was a base point to which all of these numbers/facts began from.

Thanks guys... really appreciate it:beer:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I believe the stock pumps are good to 500 actual HP and the stock fuel injectors are good till 530-540 actual HP. Take it for what it's worth.....

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Pre port and BAP my FPDC was at 90% at 458/483 SAE (470/493 STD) on a totally stock system and 2.80 upper only. This was done on a 3rd gear street pull. I would guess my car would have hit 100% around 480 SAE and 500 STD.

Why would anyone push it to 100%. A BAP is cheap insurance.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
sambandit said:
I believe the stock pumps are good to 500 actual HP and the stock fuel injectors are good till 530-540 actual HP. Take it for what it's worth.....
That's about what my understanding has been. Of course, there are the exceptions. So anything close to '500' should mean upgrading the pumps (and meter), and close to '530' should mean an injector upgrade. Or you can do all three at the same time near that '500' level like many do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread