Lets See All The Sho's

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
All V6 SHOs were rated at 220 at the crank, most dyno around 180-185ish, some freaks get more. The rod shifter made its first appearance in the plus models, but also came in some non-pluses as well, and stock in 92-95. And yes, I can 'smoke' a gen 3.

cool ..have you ever seen a gen 3 with a mtx??

BenBrausen

Established Member
Only person I've heard of who has put a manual tranny in a Gen3 SHO is Mike Courtney from Courtney Truck Service in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The V6 SHO engine has been put in a number of vehicles and mated to manual transmissions.

Twin-Turbo SHO Powered Probe
SHO Powered Taurus Wagon

Couldn't find the link for the Lotus, Ranger, Shelby-Cobra, and other ones powered by SHO engines but I have pictures at home of them.

Twin Turbo RWD SHO XR4Ti
IMAG0078.gif

resized_engine.jpg

Tubro SHO Powered Sandrail with videos and lots of pix of the chromed intake.

I can't find any pictures of Toolman's turbo SHO as the search function on SHOForum.com seems to be down. He pushed 531hp with stock pistons, heads, and intake. He's doing a supercharged SHO now too.

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
I had a 1997 Silver frost SHO, but sorry no pics anymore. I sold to to a good friend of mine who still drives it. I sold it when I got the Lightning. Still one of the most comfortable cars to drive in. Not really much off the line, but I could take my buddies 97 cobra on the highway from a 60 punch... that car had some serious top end!

Jason

yamahaSHO

Established Member
BenBrausen said:

Tom's buggy does not have a turbo. He installed a roots blower where the A/C compressor normally sits and an intercooler too. From experience, it's FUN to drive! Also, the intake is not chromed, it is polished, as well as the valve covers, oil pan, and just about anything else tom could think of :thumbsup:

I don't have a 96-99 SHO, and for good reason, but here are my two SHO's.

'92

new%20spoiler.jpg

Gauges.jpg

676777_157_full.jpg

SHO%20Stopper%20Jr.jpg

:beer:

'95

lowered%20sho2.jpg

shosho.jpg

SC%20Dyno.jpg

Interior.jpg

This is what the '95 is receiving in the next month as I'm building it now!

225912_582_full.jpg

225912_580_full.jpg

225912_575_full.jpg

225912_531_full.jpg

Last edited:

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Bad ass rides I used to drive one when I worked at my buddies grandfathers used car lot. Love them to death especially the Gen 2 w the Yammie motor. Kinda funny that the only thing Yammie could get right as far as motors go. Guess Fords help really made that one shine. Now only if they could build a damn bike!!! LMAO :rockon:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
o0prodigy0o said:
Bad ass rides I used to drive one when I worked at my buddies grandfathers used car lot. Love them to death especially the Gen 2 w the Yammie motor. Kinda funny that the only thing Yammie could get right as far as motors go. Guess Fords help really made that one shine. Now only if they could build a damn bike!!! LMAO :rockon:

Uh....
cwm13.gif

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i dont know them all exactly.

Doug Lewis SCT programmer, Magnaflow exhaust (iirc), K&N cone filter, Roush springs, stock SARC, sway bars, poly subframe bushings, front/rear strut bars, subframe connectrs (need to be installed), lightweight 18" Centerline wheels, Baer big break kit, rear big brakes, HIDs, B&M shift kit, trans cooler. possibly more that i cant remember.

currently under the knife right now for a power adder :banana:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Nice. I like it.

So how are the internals on the 3rd gens? I've never really looked into how well they were for forced induction etc. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread