lets see the mustangs sitting on coilovers

birdmanbobsin8

Established Member
im thinking about buying coilovers for my stang, i wanna see how they look compared to sport springs. if anyone could post some pics that would be great :rockon:

superstang01

Established Member
rear eibach prokit springs and front coilovers. Im not sure how much it is lowered in the front exactly but it sits 1" lower then the front eibach springs were, roughly

DSC_0614.jpg

delvin.a

Established Member
My old '86 front coilovers and MM weight jackers in the rear.

IMG_0944.jpg

I wish I wouldn't have sold that car

Edit: Found another one!

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Last edited:

loadchris

Established Member
ninety5fiveoh....
Are those 17s in the front in the second pic? Looks like the first pic has a deeper lip in the front. Car looks great, Im in the market for a 01 bullet as well. Love your car!!

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
how much are just front coilovers?

Roughly depends on what brand you go with and what strut you may or may not need to pruchase. To put it in perspective I am running maximum motorsport coilovers all around using exsisting bilstein's front kit itself is about $400.00.

DSCN2219.jpg

Last edited:

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
ninety5fiveoh....
Are those 17s in the front in the second pic? Looks like the first pic has a deeper lip in the front. Car looks great, Im in the market for a 01 bullet as well. Love your car!!

Yea, those are my old wheels...17x9 in front and 17x10.5 out back. A few months ago I stepped up to 18's because I needed new tires.

If you are in the market for a Bullitt, check out Welcome to the Home of the "Bullittheads". It is a forum completely dedicated to Bullitt owners. Good luck!

how much are just front coilovers?

As Sitnlo said, they are a little over $400 in front, and a little under $400 for the rears if you by MM's. Then factor in good shocks and struts if you don't already have them. A complete set of Bilstein HD's with the rears grooved for coilovers was a little under $700 last time I checked.

You could also go a little cheaper and run UPR coilovers which are $220 per front/rear, but you can't run Bilsteins with them because the Bil's are too large in diameter, therefore Tokicos or Koni's are your best choices.

It completely depends on how much you would like to spend and how much noise you are willing to put up with. I've read a lot of threads saying that the UPR kits are pretty noisy/squeaky, whereas my MM's are very quiet...they only squeak a tiny bit when it is really cold out.

blumnday99

Established Member
Here's a close of the rear w/ the eibach pros
ENIMAGE1320259194539.jpg

Here's the front w/ 14-175 hypercoil springs and strange struts
ENIMAGE1320259238661.jpg

Here's a side shot
ENIMAGE1320259253597.jpg

I think it's too low in the front. I'm going to raise the front end a little bit and see how it looks. If it's still too big of a difference, I was thinking of putting on some Eibach Sportlines on the back.

birdmanbobsin8

Established Member
Here's a close of the rear w/ the eibach pros
ENIMAGE1320259194539.jpg

Here's the front w/ 14-175 hypercoil springs and strange struts
ENIMAGE1320259238661.jpg

Here's a side shot
ENIMAGE1320259253597.jpg

I think it's too low in the front. I'm going to raise the front end a little bit and see how it looks. If it's still too big of a difference, I was thinking of putting on some Eibach Sportlines on the back.

do you scrape? i think it looks great in the front

Users who are viewing this thread