Let's see those Latest Purchases!

Morgan

Established Member
It posted yesterday around noon, link was down this morning. I think someone got an absolute steal.

Said 60k miles, 5sp, Reef Blue it looked like….

Just robbery at 11k (though I admit, that’s probably where prices ought to be instead of this 20k garbage)

You could’ve left out the part about 60k mi and 5 speed. Probably one owner too…

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
You could’ve left out the part about 60k mi and 5 speed. Probably one owner too…

That I don’t know about. Pictures looked like a Colorado plate, while listed in IL…

Edit: but yea, if I’m reading your tone correctly, mentioning anything more than a solid lx 5.0 for 11,000 is a good deal by itself. The rest might make me lose my mind.

MG0h3

Established Member
I always snag TVs just a size or two under the “biggest” one available.

My 55” was a grand when 60-65s were new.
70” a grand when 75-85s came out.
Just got a 75” last year for around $700

85” is a monster!

JFC I remember paying 4200 for a 50” plasma back in 04’.

****ing thing weighed 200lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

My wife and I recently bought a new house that has a movie room with a giant plasma TV. We replaced it and I gave it to my nephew. Getting it out of the house was a BITCH. I wonder how it was anchored to the wall.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

My son-in-law bought a 75ish" plasma tv around that time and he paid just over $10K. That was insane back then but if you wanted a large tv (non-projection) you had to be willing to lay down big coin. I also remember the quality was not good at all. Certainly nothing close to the OLED tvs we have now. It was also really heavy for even two adults to handle when mounting.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
My son-in-law bought a 75ish" plasma tv around that time and he paid just over $10K. That was insane back then but if you wanted a large tv (non-projection) you had to be willing to lay down big coin. I also remember the quality was not good at all. Certainly nothing close to the OLED tvs we have now. It was also really heavy for even two adults to handle when mounting.
My LG C2 OLEDs are sweet! Imo
Way better than what i had before lol

White95

HANO Motorsports
Established Member
Stainless steel pistons and high temp seals for my caliper restoration project.

IMG_4598.jpeg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Upgrading the surround system. New Denon AVR-X4800H reciever and a Power Sound Audio TV-1513 Subwoofer. The upgrade in sound is going to be dramatic.
What's the rest of the setup?
I had never heard of Power Sound Audio so I looked them up. They make some serious gear! Hence my curiosity as to what the rest of your system looks like. lol

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I had never heard of Power Sound Audio so I looked them up. They make some serious gear! Hence my curiosity as to what the rest of your system looks like. lol
I enjoy home theater stuffs. Someone should start a thread for folk to post up their setups and to ask questions.

Subscribe to my onlyfans

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member

Not much to speak of but it sounds good.

NHT 2.5's (fronts)
NHT AC 1 (center)
NHT 1.5's (surrounds)
Adcom GFA-555 (runs towers)
Adcom GFA-2535 (runs rurrounds + center)
Denon AVR-X4800H reciever
PSA TV1513 subwoofer
Dirac Room correction upgrade soon
PS5, PS3, Fire TV

I'll be adding 2 pairs of NHT Super Zero's so I can enjoy Atmos (5.1.4 setup).

My space is not big but I have a ton of power so it will be crystal clear and have the ability to rumble the house in a earthquake for movies or slam your chest with bass unloading a shot gun for gaming.

I'm a car audio nerd at heart so this system will reflect that

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I used to like car audio too, but at some point I got really sick of farting around under dashboards and feeding beefy power cables through firewall grommets buried under master cylinders. haha

I enjoy home theater stuffs. Someone should start a thread for folk to post up their setups and to ask questions.
I feel like we probably did at some point, but it fizzled out quickly once the audio wizards ran of ammo.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Not much to speak of but it sounds good.

NHT 2.5's (fronts)
NHT AC 1 (center)
NHT 1.5's (surrounds)
Adcom GFA-555 (runs towers)
Adcom GFA-2535 (runs rurrounds + center)
Denon AVR-X4800H reciever
PSA TV1513 subwoofer
Dirac Room correction upgrade soon
PS5, PS3, Fire TV

I'll be adding 2 pairs of NHT Super Zero's so I can enjoy Atmos (5.1.4 setup).

My space is not big but I have a ton of power so it will be crystal clear and have the ability to rumble the house in a earthquake for movies or slam your chest with bass unloading a shot gun for gaming.

Nice! More of a car audio nerd than home but I have nice both. More of a basshead than anything so got some serious subs and amps.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I used to like car audio too, but at some point I got really sick of farting around under dashboards and feeding beefy power cables through firewall grommets buried under master cylinders. haha
Same haha usually just add dynamat on the doors to try and eliminate the rattles, outside sounds and box in more the speaker sounds. Did a nice difference on the 980 watt B&O audio on the Explorer.

Same reason why I kept it simple with the 11.1.4 Samsung Q990C soundbar. IMO it sounds soo damn good and clear for what it is but obviously doesnt compete with a home theater system done right like @03cobra#2

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Used to be into car audio as well. I only had one nice (to me) setup in a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer. I can't really remember the details as it's been almost twenty years ago. I remember not being able to breathe very good when it was turned up. I remember going through several 220 amp (I think) alternators. It was all Rockford Fosgate stuff. It was two T2 12's and two T1001 amps (I think can't remember) and two 1 microfarad capacitors. I can't remember what the highs were or what amp I used for those. Sometimes I miss it. Other times I feel stupid very being that obnoxious kid at the red light.

Subscribe to my onlyfans

Morgan

Established Member

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Lol yeah been a sig/fn guy for a long time. I have shot plenty of Glock 19/17s, just never owned one personally. Down the road will probably add a 19x. The 43x MOS is sold out everywhere around here, so I ordered it. I just popped into an academy on the way home for shits and grins, they had 48MOS, so I bought it. I wanted it to add to my carry rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread