Let's see those Latest Purchases!

Morgan

Established Member
Now that I see this thread isnt all puppies and rainbows my latest purchase was a dehumidifier. Heard sloshing on the drivers side the truck come and go for about a week but assumed it was from all the rain we were getting pounded with, I wish I was that lucky.

By the time I noticed my carpet was wet near both driver side doors the frame rail underneath my side sills was completely filled with water. Still cant find the leak but I found and pulled a plug to drain most the water out and the rest with a fluid extractor and towels. All of that wiring was completely submerged.

Been drying the interior out all weekend with a fan, this dehumidifier and cycling the truck with the auto start and heat on full blast. From all of that Ive pulled a few gallons out so far.

Cant get my truck into the dealer until mid-November, hoping I can keep the mildew at bay and control the moisture until then. Crossing my fingers that the UAW strike will be over by then. Depending on this service experience and outcome I may have another "latest purchase" fairly soonish.

View attachment 1814271

View attachment 1814270

Guessing it's sunroof related- seal or drain tubes?

I looked for a while to find one without a giant hole in the roof, but ultimately bought one with it. I fear this will eventually happen. F the sunroof.

Morgan

Established Member
I am happy you took note of that SAE cert in consideration of other drivers, so many out there don’t give a shit. I tell what, its like staring into the ****ing sun when some of these homos are coming down the road in their brodizers with shitty ****ing lights.

Yes sir, can't stand that shit. Most often, it seems like LED bulbs in halogen housings that are just as horrible.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Guessing it's sunroof related- seal or drain tubes?

I looked for a while to find one without a giant hole in the roof, but ultimately bought one with it. I fear this will eventually happen. F the sunroof.
Dont think so but both of the front drains are clear, highest point of moisture I could find was back by the cabin vent. All of the other interior panels were dry everywhere I checked. Going from under the truck it seems to be seated properly and not blocked open, still need to pull all the shit off the back panel to get a look at it from the inside. Apologies for the slight derail.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought a lightly used auto sliding hitch for our 5th wheel. Going to be a game changer considering my tow'r is a short bed.

IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_5933.JPG

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
New backup power rig. Testing it out so far. ECOFLOW Delta 2 Max with extra battery and two 220 watt solar panels. 4096 Wh total capacity.

The second pic is in the kitchen. I used them to power my Breville oven to bake potatoes. Used roughly 1500 Wh. Oven was on for about 75 min at 425 F. Next day, charged back to capacity using solar in about 4 hours. Baked potatoes won't be on the menu in a SHTF scenario...

Next up I’ll be running conduit and installing outlets in basement so I can back feed house when power is out. I’ll share my set up & procedure when it’s done.

And if you're eagle eyed, you'll see my cheap-o little Ham radio in the background by the oven. New hobby...

IMG_1071.jpeg
IMG_1067.jpeg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1814285View attachment 1814286New backup power rig. Testing it out so far. ECOFLOW Delta 2 Max with extra battery and two 220 watt solar panels.

The second pic is in the kitchen. I used them to power my Breville oven to bake potatoes. Used roughly 1500 Wh. Oven was on for about 75 min. Next day, charged back to capacity in about 4 hours.

Next up I’ll be running conduit and installing outlets in basement so I can back feed house when power is out. I’ll share my set up & procedure when it’s done.

Very cool. Love it

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I bought this...
IMG_3964 1.jpg

And immediately turned it into this...
IMG_3965 1.jpg

Volquartsen Black Mamba, 6 inch barrel, .22LR. Burris 2-7x32 and an Odin Works NAV 22 suppressor.
I am all about rimfires these days. Not much of a target/competition shooter, I like to see things die when I pull the trigger.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m a pretty mild mannered person until random shit makes me lose my shit.

People with atomic powered lights crammed into a halogen housing is one of those instant triggers.

First, your vehicle is a piece of shit.
Second, your headlights are ****ing obnoxious and don't do anything.
Third, Bam, immediate retina cancer.
****s

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m a pretty mild mannered person until random shit makes me lose my shit.

People with atomic powered lights crammed into a halogen housing is one of those instant triggers.

First, your vehicle is a piece of shit.
Second, your headlights are ****ing obnoxious and don't do anything.
Third, Bam, immediate retina cancer.
****s

Drinking already?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just a wild guess, but is that a shock sensor or for the aero?

Shock potentiometer! Good guess.

We're talking about a possible active aero option. Air actuators to the wing, it would work like DRS. I already have an on-board compressor for the paddles.

I'm not sure it'll be a this year thing, maybe next!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I am happy you took note of that SAE cert in consideration of other drivers, so many out there don’t give a shit. I tell what, its like staring into the ****ing sun when some of these homos are coming down the road in their brodizers with shitty ****ing lights.

Yup because those housings were never designed or meant to properly disperse/aim that kind of light source correctly.
Damn truth right here.
And if you're eagle eyed, you'll see my cheap-o little Ham radio in the background by the oven. New hobby...
I'm into scanners. I had to delete the ham frequencies. Some of them don't STFU. lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just bought my oldest car a 1985 Mercedes Benz 380 SL with 151,600 miles and it looks almost brand new and all stock including the Decker radio with tape deck so I had to bust out my cassettes that I had not played in over 25 years! Came with both tops soft and hard top. Got it for $11,000. Neat thing is getting historic plates for $35 I don't have to re up them until 2050.

Amazing. And in silver no less. Those wheels look great.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
New backup power rig. Testing it out so far. ECOFLOW Delta 2 Max with extra battery and two 220 watt solar panels. 4096 Wh total capacity.

The second pic is in the kitchen. I used them to power my Breville oven to bake potatoes. Used roughly 1500 Wh. Oven was on for about 75 min at 425 F. Next day, charged back to capacity using solar in about 4 hours. Baked potatoes won't be on the menu in a SHTF scenario...

View attachment 1814285View attachment 1814286
Very cool, any reason you didnt go with a whole home generator??? Once were done with our "variance permit" approval our generator should be installed by mid November.

Users who are viewing this thread