Let's see those Latest Purchases!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Just bought my oldest car a 1985 Mercedes Benz 380 SL with 151,600 miles and it looks almost brand new and all stock including the Decker radio with tape deck so I had to bust out my cassettes that I had not played in over 25 years! Came with both tops soft and hard top. Got it for $11,000. Neat thing is getting historic plates for $35 I don't have to re up them until 2050.

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 84

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just bought my oldest car a 1985 Mercedes Benz 380 SL with 151,600 miles and it looks almost brand new and all stock including the Decker radio with tape deck so I had to bust out my cassettes that I had not played in over 25 years! Came with both tops soft and hard top. Got it for $11,000. Neat thing is getting historic plates for $35 I don't have to re up them until 2050.
What a great looking Benz. Looks like the previous owner took really good care of it. Hope your son enjoys it, and the cassette tapes.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
What a great looking Benz. Looks like the previous owner took really good care of it. Hope your son enjoys it, and the cassette tapes.
I'm the forth owner so the previous 3 took care of it, there is about 5 shop manuals (Actual Mercedes dealership shop types) that was in the back for electrical, chassis, engine and transmission, and part numbers for most of the body and trim parts both inside and out. I also found a data metal tag that had the original owners name and when the car was built May 23 1985 and when it was sold in Sarasota Calif. in June 26 1985, which is sort of happy as it is 5,621 built for that year, just wish it had the owners manual and original window sticker.

Sadly I never married due to not wanting my diabetes to ruin another life like mine as it has caused nothing but problems for me since 1998 ( Got mine due to being the every other generation type and both sides of the family from my parents)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Pretty recent- should’ve done it sooner, the extra light is awesome.

View attachment 1814111
I'll bite, what are those? They look sweet. No picture of the new one, but getting a new section of gutter today. I was putting this skeleton up and the ladder kicked out and I did a Clark Griswald to the gutter. Tore about a 3' section and did a temp repair, hard to see in this picture.
Skeleton.jpg

Morgan

Established Member
I'll bite, what are those? They look sweet. No picture of the new one, but getting a new section of gutter today. I was putting this skeleton up and the ladder kicked out and I did a Clark Griswald to the gutter. Tore about a 3' section and did a temp repair, hard to see in this picture.
View attachment 1814235

They’re auxiliary LED lights.

IMG_3875.jpeg

Before:
IMG_3884.jpeg

After:
IMG_3885.jpeg

They’re aimed a little high here, but you get the idea.

Morgan

Established Member
I like those, Link?
The kit I bought uses Pro Series and SAE pods.

The pods are Baja Designs Squadron model.

Morgan

Established Member
Yeah, the price isn’t appetizing.

They’re made in the US and have a lifetime warranty. Baja Designs also has top notch customer service so I’m telling myself that it’s all worth it.

And the yellow ones have an SAE cert so I can run them without blinding oncoming traffic.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
They're slick, but the boss wouldn't be happy. lol

check out diode dynamics. I've put their lower power level version of their white fog light on 2 trucks and very happy with em. They come with new mounting hardware that so far all re-uses factory mounting holes so no drilling or anything and look pretty much stock in fit/finish. The harnesses are plug and play as well. they usually do like 15% off or so at the holidays

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy ****. $1300?

They're slick, but the boss wouldn't be happy. lol
You could always get off a little cheaper with the "Sport" models, not as bright as the "Pro" version but still massively impressive. They put in work for me this time of year when the deer start moving around more often.

They’re made in the US and have a lifetime warranty. Baja Designs also has top notch customer service so I’m telling myself that it’s all worth it.

And the yellow one have an SAE cert so I can run them without blinding oncoming traffic.
I will say the price is worthwhile for the warranty, the anodizing was bubbling/peeling off on all 6 of my lights and I let them know. Shipped all 6 to them and they removed all the electronics and completely rebuilt my lights with the inspected and verified good guts, had my good as new replacements back in about 2-3 weeks I believe. There was no back and forth about it either, they had me ship them for repair right away. I think its the road salt/chemicals that caused my issues so I can see another go for me in the future.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
check out diode dynamics. I've put their lower power level version of their white fog light on 2 trucks and very happy with em. They come with new mounting hardware that so far all re-uses factory mounting holes so no drilling or anything and look pretty much stock in fit/finish. The harnesses are plug and play as well. they usually do like 15% off or so at the holidays
Thanks, I swapped all bulbs out for LED years ago, huge difference.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Now that I see this thread isnt all puppies and rainbows my latest purchase was a dehumidifier. Heard sloshing on the drivers side the truck come and go for about a week but assumed it was from all the rain we were getting pounded with, I wish I was that lucky.

By the time I noticed my carpet was wet near both driver side doors the frame rail underneath my side sills was completely filled with water. Still cant find the leak but I found and pulled a plug to drain most the water out and the rest with a fluid extractor and towels. All of that wiring was completely submerged.

Been drying the interior out all weekend with a fan, this dehumidifier and cycling the truck with the auto start and heat on full blast. From all of that Ive pulled a few gallons out so far.

Cant get my truck into the dealer until mid-November, hoping I can keep the mildew at bay and control the moisture until then. Crossing my fingers that the UAW strike will be over by then. Depending on this service experience and outcome I may have another "latest purchase" fairly soonish.

20231023_103302.jpg

20231023_103330.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

And the yellow ones have an SAE cert so I can run them without blinding oncoming traffic.

I am happy you took note of that SAE cert in consideration of other drivers, so many out there don’t give a shit. I tell what, its like staring into the ****ing sun when some of these homos are coming down the road in their brodizers with shitty ****ing lights.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I am happy you took note of that SAE cert in consideration of other drivers, so many out there don’t give a shit. I tell what, its like staring into the ****ing sun when some of these homos are coming down the road in their brodizers with shitty ****ing lights.
Yea, mine only come on when nobodies around. Tons of people do that up here, even full blown light bars as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yea, mine only come on when nobodies around. Tons of people do that up here, even full blown light bars as well.
Its rampant like the Carolina squat down here, most are pavement queens that have no practical use for the lights or the truck for that matter. I am times tempted to use my flash light, my 1911 in the glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread