Let's see where your Cobra lives

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I just ordered an intel ccentrino 1.7 laptop with 512 1 dim ram and 128meg graphics card, will my computer suck balls compared to this new amd thing? I read the stuff on the intel centrino and a 1.7 in it runs as well as a pentium4 with a 2.4? enlighten me plz!

King03Cobra

Established Member
You are right, they are American muscle car classics! That would be awesome to own both. It's so cool your wife likes the cars and appreciates them. However, you didn't answer my question "how do they compare"?

I get asked that question a lot. They are so different where as the corvette has every high tech bell and whistle on it and the Cobra is fairly plain. Which car would I like to cruise at 160 mph, Corvette hands down. Which car would I like to blow around town in, Cobra hands down.

We haven't actually run them but with the long tubes on the Corvette, it pulls real hard on the top end of the rpm band. With that being said, I think the way both cars are modded the Cobra would pull it in the 1/4 just because of how quick it revs throughout the rpm band because of the blower.

My oldest son is curious how they match up too, maybe sometime over the holidays I can get an answer for you.
:beer:

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
AMD's 64 bit processor torches Intel's 32 bit processor in 32 bit applications..

Microsoft is coming out with their 64 bit version of Windows 2003 in April.. Intel does not have any plans besides the Itanium which is geared towards servers and suffers greatly when trying to run 32 bit applications.. The AMD makes no sacrafices...

Intel does not have the architecture.. They are trying to compete AMD using shear clock speed instead of inginuity.. We'll see tho.. They knocked them on their asses with the introduction of the K7, I think they'll do it again with the K8.

Bwhahaha, you're in for a surprise.
Jguerrero and I would be the ones to know.

yello 5.0

Established Member
Dan,
Our dayshift ran it for the first time, I work mids. I'm glad too, everyone and their brother was there at shift change for the trial run.

...USAF Bro!

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Don't own an 03' heres pictures of my 93 Cobra's garage.OK I took alot of pics of my garage but they didnt post. I know it benn asked before but How Do You Post A Pic?

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Since there is about three convos going on here at one time I am going to make an attempt to join in them all. so here we go.

The Airforce talk: I live over here in Marietta GA, near Dobins AFB. My father worked for a company that replaced the coputer boards on alot of the automated machinery, to which granted him access to the factory floor of Lockeed's F-22 production. I would have pictures, but they wouldn't let us take any, and almost didn't get to come in with him. That place is amazing, and what is even cooler is that after they finish a plane they take it back and put it through it's paces to test for bugs. What an impressive machine.

The Computer Convo:
..........Sorry lost.

The Vette:
Looks like you are off to a good start on that vette. My good friend has an Electron blue that has the Borla Stingers just like yours. Also on his mod list was an after market X, and a Verra-Ram intake. The intake was the best mod in my opinion, because it shaved 4/10's of a sec off his 1/4 time the first time he ran it with the mod. He ran a 13.1 and after the intake a 12.7, preatty good for not really ever running his car at the track.
vette11.jpg

gud2goe

Established Member
we've had some cold weather here so the ficus tree lost all its leaves. i just have it in the garage to keep it from freezing. :shrug: it's the wifes plant...lol

now as for the floor i have bought the epoxy i just need the weather to get a little warmer:beer:

dano nice setup:beer:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by gud2goe
we've had some cold weather here so the ficus tree lost all its leaves. i just have it in the garage to keep it from freezing. :shrug: it's the wifes plant...lol

They can live outside if they're wrapped in burlap in the winter, and covered with dead leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread