Lets see your aftermarket double-din radios

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Thinking of picking one up soon and would like to see what everyone has and what extras they needed to install.

I'm sure there are a few threads on here already about radios, but wanted to include current newer models as well.

Mystic03

Established Member
20130110_204248_zpsadd78bdd.jpg

pioneer pretty good couple years old will be switching it out though

ademily87

Established Member
I've been looking at the new Kenwood DD with garmin navi and I'm pretty sure its android powered and can connect to wifi. Saw a video of it online. Looks awesome

03cobraracer

Established Member
I wanna upgrade to one but don't know the first thing about stereo stuff or how to hook it up properly

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH - installed it 10/12. Touchscreen, USB, iPod, BT, Sat radio. Very happy with it.

file_zpsf9b9e1a0.jpg

Last edited:

weaselp1

Established Member
Here is mine - Jensen head unit with GPS, BT, Sat Radio, USB, SD Card, Touchscreen. I didnt want a Jensen, but got it at a sweet price and have had it for over 1.5 years and its working great.

20130216_220055_zps2e08d4c9.jpg

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
What else was needed for the install? I like that unit.

Well, as in most cases "it depends"...lol. I chose to completely remove my Mach460 system and install Memphis Audio components.

Here's that thread: Adios Mach 460

If you just want to swap out head units, the current version from Crutchfield is this: AVH-X4600BT

If you select the "Does it fit and load your car, it will show what items (free from Crutchfield) you need in addition to the receiver. Good Luck.

kierrea35

Established Member
I've been looking at the new Kenwood DD with garmin navi and I'm pretty sure its android powered and can connect to wifi. Saw a video of it online. Looks awesome

It is the shiznit. I have one in my car, although the navigation voice does get annoying lol. I use the hotspot from my phone to surf the internet while I'm sitting somewhere waiting on the ol ball and chain.

ademily87

Established Member
It is the shiznit. I have one in my car, although the navigation voice does get annoying lol. I use the hotspot from my phone to surf the internet while I'm sitting somewhere waiting on the ol ball and chain.
I'm jealous! I have the pioneer avhp8400bh and its a good unit to not have nav but that kenwood is truly bad ass. I read that it also becomes a hotspot when it's connected to Internet so your passengers can connect to the Internet from your head unit?! I love gadgets like that. They're pretty pricey though

weaselp1

Established Member
i left the stock 460 stereo and just replaced the head unit...crutchfield had the plug and play adapter....it required to solder 10 wires or so and i was good to go....love it compared to the old 460 headunit

Users who are viewing this thread