lets take a moment to bench race,(thinking about buying this car)

mach1033

Established Member
Now that is just plain crazy! I was just going to post that he must have gotten it in NJ.

Don't ya just hate that stereo type.:nonono:

We do have a bad rep for alot of things and the Jersey Shore doesn't help. But I just cant help watching it lol.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with copper plugs other than the shorter life.

Many will use them as an effective indicator of detonation.
If you have a detonation event, even one that was not audible, the "pepper"(tiny metallic specks) will show up on the insulator.

When you check them regularly, as racers do, you can run your timing more aggressively advanced because you will know if you advanced too far from the "pepper" showing up.
You would then throw them away retard the timing some and put in a new set.
If you are dialing a car in, this would get VERY expensive with Iridiums.

Great info Jimmy. I should have known you would be the one to bring this to the light. :rolling:

I started ditching the iridium plugs a few years back since I liked to change my plugs more regularly anyways.

gamebred26

Established Member
We do have a bad rep for alot of things and the Jersey Shore doesn't help. But I just cant help watching it lol.

Lol..yea well buyer beware...I got lazy and trusted the guy...big mistake...oh weel its getting fully built now and going to be a beast! Lesson learned...

Just dyno it...and compression and leak down test it...some of these cars have been beat to shit..

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Great info Jimmy. I should have known you would be the one to bring this to the light. :rolling:

I started ditching the iridium plugs a few years back since I liked to change my plugs more regularly anyways.

Thanks Tony!

I am about ready to pull my NGK Iridiums and plug in some fresh coppers, because I had some audible and now have pepper. I plan on a retune and a switch to a 3.25 upper, but can't right now. So I am adjusting my own tune in the xcal and will watch the plugs to see if I get it right.

I am going to save the Iridiums though since they are not damaged at all and once I know my tune/detonation issue is dialed out I'll put them back in and see how they do. It is possible that the coppers may run better.:shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread