Lets take a poll, anyone think the t-tops/targa tops should make a come back

1hot281

Established Member
In general; yes. Targa tops are awesome.

On the current Mustang; no.

We'll have to see what the 2015 Mustang looks like... But if anything, a full Targa > T-tops

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
so you started a thread calling for a poll...and then didn't give a poll option?

I am a fan of targa tops. I know there is one somewhere around here on these boards and personally I would love to have it on my 01

alex3610

Established Member
T-tops belong in the trailer park. Had them on my f-body that I owned briefly and I took them off maybe 3 times in 9 months. Hated the constant squeaking and rattling, not to mention loss of strength in the car. No experience with a targa.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
T-tops belong in the trailer park. Had them on my f-body that I owned briefly and I took them off maybe 3 times in 9 months. Hated the constant squeaking and rattling, not to mention loss of strength in the car. No experience with a targa.

i put in better shocks and had some bushings replaced and my SS has no squeaks, rattles or groaning. car is very solid.

but like you i dont take them off that much. maybe this week if its cooler.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
:shrug:

ernies714.jpg

24586390001_large.jpg

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
If there were a poll, I would vote no. If only there were a way to make polls on svtp...

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
The Saleen looks sharp. But I've never been much of a T-top fan unless it was a fox.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Jroc

Established Member
No.

Why add weight, and reduce chassis rigidity? Need some outside wind then roll a window down. I hate it when your riding in a FBody and the own is like "hey let's take the T-Top's down."

With that said I would prefer either of those better than a sunroof. If you're going to do it then go big I guess. The only thing I use to find the sunroof good for on my old Integra when I was a kid was ashing a blunt if I didn't feel like boxing the car.

JMO

Bushguts

Established Member
so you started a thread calling for a poll...and then didn't give a poll option?

I am a fan of targa tops. I know there is one somewhere around here on these boards and personally I would love to have it on my 01

I don't know how, maybe a mod can put up the poll option for me

That red saleen is hot

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
No, not just no but Hell No! I've owned a few T-top cars and surprisingly none leaked. But a sunroof is 10 times better. No stopping to take it off, store it, scratch it, etc.. Give me a retractable hard-top with a glass roof.

delvin.a

Established Member
With that said I would prefer either of those better than a sunroof. If you're going to do it then go big I guess. The only thing I use to find the sunroof good for on my old Integra when I was a kid was ashing a blunt if I didn't feel like boxing the car.

JMO

Hahaha, one of the reasons I liked the sunroof in my GLI :beer:

I'm with you though, if you're gonna do it just go big. Targa all the way for me however it would be annoying as hell having to store that giant piece. Maybe a retractable targa like Porsche used on the 911

Users who are viewing this thread