Let's talk about nitrous - lay it out for me

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I'm just curious how one would set up a small shot... say 30 - 50 no more.

Which kit?

Dry?

Before or after the MAF?

How do you supply the extra fuel? Is it something done to your chip tune or can you use a booster type thing. (that's the technical term I'm sure!)

The more info the better guys. I've never had nitrous, and I love to learn.

In the long run I see myself with a small shot to keep it cool. After warranty of course.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
this should answer some questions, but as usual, i could be wrong, so correct whatever is needed.

dry or wet? that should be the major question. dry systems, you plumb the nitrous in before the maf, and let it and the ecu add extra fuel each you spray. wet systems, the fuel and nitrous are plumbed in after the maf, but since there is more fuel and nitrous, it will be a bit richer. chips can be used, but a good dyno tune should be used to ensure long term reliability. also, run it on a full-throttle sensor, not the button, much better for the engine.
AW

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by thedutt
sly youre getting hooked! Did you get the chip/pulley yet?

Of course not. This is all just research for when the warranty is up.

I'm thinking dry is the way to go for a shot as small as I want, but I'd love to hear from some of the guys that have actually done a nitrous set up on their '03.

Don't be shy guys. I know you're out there. :)

cobra 829

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

I'm thinking dry is the way to go for a shot as small as I want, but I'd love to hear from some of the guys that have actually done a nitrous set up on their '03.

nos kit5115. south florida pulley boost window switch is on my car. 8lbs boost engage n2o got a flip chip for more fuel have not tried it out yet will know on april 5th.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Yeah I've seen his setup and his threads. I think they are great for guys that already understand what he's doing, but I'm hoping to get a thread going here for those that have never taken that road.

I'd like to see it in layman's and technical terms from top to bottom.

Sort of a 2003 Cobra Nitrous 101 if you will.

Maybe he'll pop in here. His install is the cleanest and coolest I've seen so far.

You out there MJ? Break it down for us newbies. :)

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

I know two guys in Dallas that can show you burned pistons after running nitrous systems. ;-) I was thinking the best system would be dry and a small shot (25~35) just long enough in third/fourth gear to cool the intake charge.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
I was thinking the best system would be dry and a small shot (25~35) just long enough in third/fourth gear to cool the intake charge.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

How does the fuel get compensated?

Spray before the MAF, after the MAF ?

The devil is in the details.

Users who are viewing this thread