Life after 650hp? Future cars...

DisposableHero

Established Member
So I have myself this built 2v....... and an 05 cts-v as my other car for trips and such, and a company car for dd....

I love knowing i have this beast at home waiting for me, but I rarely drive it. Been thinking about selling it for a while, but I'm worried about how it'd be without it? The Cadillac is such a better car all around and It has some power to back it up.

I know going down to 400hp isnt so bad (more like ~350rwhp), but I hate the feeling of wanting to mod the cts-v knowing a cobra can be modified so easily.

Thoughts? Experiences?

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
why sell it, what does it cost for you to keep it now? Can you accept the fact of getting at most 50% of what you put into it, if it does sell?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Headers on the Cadi? It's a luxury car. I'd keep it that way and be satisfied. If you absolutely have to have a muscle car then keep the GT and have fun with it. But modding the Cadi because you no longer have a Mustang to mod? I wouldn't do it. Again, it's a luxury car. I would enjoy it for what it is. Cushy luxury. JMO.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Id maybe do an exhaust on the caddy and let her buck.

give her little bark..

but then again id keep the stang too, nothing like having a 600+hp tire melting machine.

Avispa

Established Member
Find out from reputable engine people how much boost the Caddy can take safely and let 'er have it. Leave the exhaust alone. Caddies that don't look and sound stock just scream "crazy kid" or "pimp."

I left the exhaust stock on the Cobra, too. This provides several advantages. 1) it doesn't attract undue attention from the police; 2) little old ladies compliment my car rather than shake their fists at it for being a loud nuisance; 3) the ringing in my ears from old age isn't being made any worse by my DD; and 4) all those twentysomethings with magnaflows and flowmasters on their GTs have no idea what they just got whacked with. Not to mention I can actually hear things like failing throwout bearings, rear end gears/bearings and struts before they totally blow and do extensive damage.

GodStang

Established Member
Talk to Sinultrous He just sold his 600rwhp 03 Cobra Vert and his 800rwhp 02 GT coupe for a GT500. Talk about a drop in power.

Users who are viewing this thread