Life changes and probably selling :(

tennis_pr0

Established Member
So I just bought a 2014 Mustang GT about a month ago. It;s clean as a whistle and has 14k miles on it. Go figure that right after I buy this car, a breakup with my fiancee happens, the house is gonna be sold, and things have drastically changed. I no longer will have a garage to keep the car in, and honestly probably wont be able to afford the payments when everything is said and done. So the reason for this thread...I am curious as to what i can get for the car. I had about 4k in negative equity and bought the car for 36k. I will put a for sale thread up with TONS of pictures, but I was wondering about what I could get for it.

2014 Mustang GT - 14k miles- perfect condition
VMP Stage 3 supercharger kit (VMP TVS 2.3L blower, id 1000 injectors, VMP Boost-A-Pump, JLT intake) - $8000
AFCO dual fan heat exchanger - $800
Gears switched from 3.73 to 3.31
Lethal off road h pipe - $450
Borla S type axle back - $800
Shaftmaster aluminum one piece driveshaft - $700
MGW short throw shifter - $475
Complete suspension system upgraded. I have every single part name. Approx $2000
AMR 20 in wheels with Nitto drag radials in the rear and nitto extreme performance in the front - $2000
Roush boost gauge - $100
Auto meter fuel pressure gauge - $275
2013-2014 GT500 front bumper custom painted - $2500. You wont find any GT's with this.
SCT x4 tuner with two custom VMP tunes - $650

All the parts were installed by VMP themselves, and they can verify it. The parts and labor easily add up to about 25k. I am the second owner, I bought off the original owner who had most of the work done to it. The car has every part you can possibly imagine and like i said, was all installed by VMP themselves and this can be verified. Car was not dynod but the VMP stage 3 kit is rated at 785 flywheel horsepower.

The car goes for 25-26k stock, this car has 20-25k in mods and is mint. I was thinking mid to high 30;s as a price. I've seen 11, 12 and 13 stangs with similar setups but nowhere near the setup that's on this car going for low 30's...

rotarymagic

Established Member
So I just bought a 2014 Mustang GT about a month ago. It;s clean as a whistle and has 14k miles on it. Go figure that right after I buy this car, a breakup with my fiancee happens, the house is gonna be sold, and things have drastically changed. I no longer will have a garage to keep the car in, and honestly probably wont be able to afford the payments when everything is said and done. So the reason for this thread...I am curious as to what i can get for the car. I had about 4k in negative equity and bought the car for 36k. I will put a for sale thread up with TONS of pictures, but I was wondering about what I could get for it.

2014 Mustang GT - 14k miles- perfect condition
VMP Stage 3 supercharger kit (VMP TVS 2.3L blower, id 1000 injectors, VMP Boost-A-Pump, JLT intake) - $8000
AFCO dual fan heat exchanger - $800
Gears switched from 3.73 to 3.31
Lethal off road h pipe - $450
Borla S type axle back - $800
Shaftmaster aluminum one piece driveshaft - $700
MGW short throw shifter - $475
Complete suspension system upgraded. I have every single part name. Approx $2000
AMR 20 in wheels with Nitto drag radials in the rear and nitto extreme performance in the front - $2000
Roush boost gauge - $100
Auto meter fuel pressure gauge - $275
2013-2014 GT500 front bumper custom painted - $2500. You wont find any GT's with this.
SCT x4 tuner with two custom VMP tunes - $650

All the parts were installed by VMP themselves, and they can verify it. The parts and labor easily add up to about 25k. I am the second owner, I bought off the original owner who had most of the work done to it. The car has every part you can possibly imagine and like i said, was all installed by VMP themselves and this can be verified. Car was not dynod but the VMP stage 3 kit is rated at 785 flywheel horsepower.

The car goes for 25-26k stock, this car has 20-25k in mods and is mint. I was thinking mid to high 30;s as a price. I've seen 11, 12 and 13 stangs with similar setups but nowhere near the setup that's on this car going for low 30's...

Did this car cause the breakup?

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I hate to say that you'll never get back what you put into it, but I really hope you come close.

Sorry to hear about your breakup. Sounds like it was a rough one.

regards,

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Did this car cause the breakup?

No no it was a variety of other things. I am just trying to get out of the car at this point so I don't have a payment commitment and I can get back on my feet again. Was hoping someone could give me a guess of what I could sell it for.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
I suppose I could take to the dealer, obviously get 3-4k less than what I could get privately, and just roll a couple grand over into a cheap new car. Do dealerships generally have any interest in heavily modified cars like this?

Dig Race

Established Member
Some do but they give you bottom dollar for it. Best bet is to sell it yourself to break even or do whatever you can to keep it. I've been there it sucks.

_Snake_

Established Member
Unless you find the right buyer, you're probably looking at high 20's. Less if you're trying to sell it quickly.

kdaly

Established Member
Unless you find the right buyer, you're probably looking at high 20's. Less if you're trying to sell it quickly.

Unfortunately he is right. High 20's. Unless it has twins or a single turbo setup. Those can sometimes fetch in the low to mid 30's if it has big money thrown at it. Everybody wants the new one.... Hope you are doing ok. Breakups are the worst. I've been through a few large ones. The best advise I can give, is to always be in a position where if you were to break up that your life isn't altered that much by the financial hit. Meaning you can afford everything on your income alone. The other benefit to that is then with all the extra income you guys and have fun on vacations and not stress about money. You may not living in the biggest home on the block by not utilizing both incomes. But you'll be the happiest. Living under you means has a ton of benefits. Breakups are hard enough without having to sell everything.

Vert

Established Member
I hate to say it, but around 32k if you're lucky. I've seen several on FB go anywhere from upper 20s to low 30a.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
I hate to say it, but around 32k if you're lucky. I've seen several on FB go anywhere from upper 20s to low 30a.

I've seen some 13's with the same or higher miles go for low 30's. So I was thinking 35 would be about right. I'll put a for sale thread up here soon as well as autotrader and well see.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That sucks bro.
Sorry about the breakup and good luck going forward.

Vert

Established Member
I suppose I could take to the dealer, obviously get 3-4k less than what I could get privately, and just roll a couple grand over into a cheap new car. Do dealerships generally have any interest in heavily modified cars like this?

You might check with a few private Used car lots, but they Will charge you a certain percentage from the sale.

Yosemite Dan

Established Member
With that many mods, you may have a real problem selling it without taking a bath. I find that mods are often a personal thing but your car is so modded up that any buyer will use certain mods to further drive down the price. If you can somehow find a way to keep it, then do it.

Feel bad that you have to sell the Stang because that's usually a good distraction when times are tough but I'm going the other route and saying congratulations on your break up. Better you find out now that it was not meant to be rather than pretending everything is OK and being miserable 20 years later and having kids in the equation. Then a break up gets really expensive.

Vert

Established Member
A lot of car his are looking for boosted cars, you just have to advertise on the right area. If possible, I would remove the SC and supporting parts and sell separately since you wood come out ahead by 2 grand or so then seeking the car whole.

DaBigBone

Established Member
If you had the time and patience you'd make the most money back by returning it to as stock as you can and selling off the parts. I'd take any offer over $30k and run with it the way it sits now

Bgoins

Established Member
I'm thinking $32-34k. I would go to Corral.net and scour their classifieds. It would give u some idea what modded Mustangs like yours are going for. I would post it there as well.

Whatever you do, don't sell it to a dealer. Sell it yourself or you'll take an even bigger hit.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I would take the supercharger off the car, and sell the car and the supercharger separately. That would probably net you the most $$$ for what you have into it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you bought the car a month ago for $36k? AND wrapped $4k inequity into it? Total financed amount $40k?

Users who are viewing this thread