Lift or Tire Changer & Balancer?

Travizzle

Working Class Hero
Established Member
Im either going to get a twin post lift or a tirechanger and balancer combo.
The lift is a little cheaper but, i can potentialy make a little cash with the tire changer and balancer. Crawling under cars is a pain, and i hate going to a shop to get tires put on and balanced. I try to avoid any kinda auto shop, its expensive and a pain.

Which would you purchase?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Lift, and then get the tire changer/balancer down the road.

I dont mind having tires installed and balanced. I usually take the wheels and tires to Sears, have them install them, spend a couple minutes wandering around our mall, then pay for it when they are done and go home and install them.

Mika

Established Member
No hesitation. Lift. You can make some money with a tire changer and balancer, but you won't have to work on your back. Heck, you can make some serious money doing clutchwork, rear main seals and axles, brakes, etc. The potential to make more money is there with the lift, and the work is easier.

Mika

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
I vote lift. Sure you can make a little money mounting and balancing tires, but thats all you would be able to do. How often do people need rim and tires mounted/balanced? It will be a long time between income. Go with the lift, and you can do anything. CV axles, brakes, suspension, exhaust, etc. I realized you can do these without the lift, but you would knock all these things out a whole lot quicker and with less strain on your back if you had the lift.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
lift, you can get way more done with that, plus how many people are gonna know you have that, most just get tires balanced where they purchase the tires at

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Lift for sure. To get a tire mounting machine/balancer that will really do the job right you'll be shelling out alot of cash. The newer low profile tires are a pain to mount without the fancier machines, and for balancing you can't beat the road force machine. Just pay to have that stuff done, and make tons more $$ doing everything else on your lift.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I vote for the lift.

They'll always come in handy. I've been trying to convince my father to get one for his garage. He's always complaining about crawling under cars (he's 55) and how he's getting too old to play around with his 67 Firebird.. I believe a lift would solve most of his problems. :rockon:

Become friends with people at a tire shop. Thats what I did... Its come in handy many times. I go to the shop late at night before they close and pay $30 between 2 employees for 4 tires to be mounted and balanced. :shrug:

IDC what they do with the money.. As long as my tires are on! :lol1:

Travizzle

Working Class Hero
Established Member
Thanks for all the input. I think all of yall are correct and im going to go with the lift. I didnt even think outside the box when it comes to a lift (side jobs). EagleEqipment lift it is! A 9000# capacity twin post for $1499 and i think shipping was right around $200. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
TRAVIS

Users who are viewing this thread