Lightly modded 03 Cobra SMACKS 2002 Z06

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Still shaking from the adrenaline. Z06 is coming through traffic. I slow to 40 in the right lane. He finally gets up to me and wants around. I shift to 2nd and give hime the "look" and goose the engine. He looks at me like "yea right!" So I speed up and he get RIGHT behind me. I HAMMER the 03 Cobra he HAMMERS the Z06. I pull in the left lane and he CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO PULL ME IN.. In fact I was SLOWLY pulling away. He pulls up next to me and we try again. SAME RESULTS!!

We hit a light and he rolls his window down. I ask him if its a 2002 Z06. He replies "YES!" He asks how big is your engine. I said 4.6. He says "how many HP?" I said 420 or so at the rear.

Then WE GO AT IT IN 1ST GEAR FROM A 20MPH ROLL!.... I WAS PULLING HIM AGAIN!!!

I was pulling away but only by about 1MPH or so..... Nevertheless, I was smokin the 02 Z06 king-o-d-road..... OR WAS!

:uh oh:

Last edited:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Simply do what I did.

1. Put a few miles on her to loosen her up a lil.

2. 3" Cat-Back.

3. Diablo.

4. K&N w/ Silencer removed.

Unbelievable the difference.

Getting the L Pulley and dyno this week. Should go from 420/400 to around 450/500....

BIG GRIN! This car is a freakin beast.

Was hanging with a Stage4 WRX today. We were supposed to run but the guy couldnt do it. I took a ride in his car. They are "supposedly" high 11 second cars. I was NOT impressed. Peppy but did not feel the awsome pull of my Cobra. Think I would spank him HARD.

StangD281

Established Member
What the hell is a Stage 4 WRX?? That sounds like Ricer talk to me....Dan no like ricers. :nono:

BTW, Nice run with the Z! :thumbsup:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Stage 4 means the hamsters are on mega doses of steriods:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was CLOSE!!! HAMSTERS ON MEGA DOSES OF STEROIDS, HITTIN THE CRACK PIPE WHILE EATING A BOWL OF WHEATIES, THEIR TAILS ARE ON FIRE, and HAVING AN ORGASM!!!

They're not that fast. Some claime to be takin Z06's by a couple of cars. I think they are about 300 or so at the engine. Not bad for a 3000 lb car. But NOT CLOSE to the Cobra or Z06.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
With the stock Turbo, the WRX is 227 BHP and 217ft/lb of Torque.

They launch well because of the AWD.

StangD281

Established Member
There are a few WRX's around here....they always ignore when rolling as they are helpless. Off the line the AWD bails them out as Hulk mentioned. But a Stage 4??? That sounds like trash to me. I have yet to lose to one of those, but word is there is a fast one with 18psi running around here. He is claiming my GT will be a distant memory, and that Cullen's Cobra is no match as well. I say Bring It On :nono: ;-)

degradated

Established Member
Originally posted by AzDropTop
What do the Z06's dyno at the rear wheels?:??:

It of course varies a great deal car to car, altitude and weather, but on average the 01's do between 335-355 at the wheels and 02/03 350-365 from what I've seen so far.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by degradated
It of course varies a great deal car to car, altitude and weather, but on average the 01's do between 335-355 at the wheels and 02/03 350-365 from what I've seen so far.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread