Lightning Strikes

1qwkpny

Established Member
I'VE BEEN THINKing of trading my '98 SVT Contour off for a lightning so I thought I'ld take a test drive since my dad works at Ford it wasnt a problem so there we are mid afternoon traffic was light and come up to a red light, we sat for about 30seconds when I hear this tire screech next to me. After cleaning out my pants when I finally realized I wasnt getting T-boned, I noticed a brand new chevy SS truck right next to me. Evidently he saw me and thought he was worthy of a race or something? Anyways he starts revving it up. I just looked at my dad, he looked at me and said "If your gonna do it just make sure the thought never crosses his mind again." Well those were all the words of encouragement I needed. So I powerbraked up right up to about 2300rpm and when the light went green I pulled a good 20ft on him by the time I got into 3rd he was about 5 truck lengths behind me and I was pulling away hard so I let off and slowed down for the red light about 1/3 mi. ahead. Finally he caught up to me at the light , rolls down his window and says (in his early 30's surfer dude voice) "man whats done to that thing normally I wax those dogs" and before I could pop a reply off my dad leans forward with his Ford polo shirt and magnetic name tag and says "well nothing but if you think I'm lying theres 4 other ones we can let you have a try at back on the lot that just came off the trailer this morning, I guess you shoulda bought a Lightning instead huh..." Needless to say once the wife and I do the refinancing on our house I'll be paying a visit to my dad.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Good Kill...sounds like your dad is one helluva guy :thumbsup:

GoatDaddy

what a cool pops, letting you drag the new hotrods. he could probably get you a good deal one one, too, with none of that bs "market value adjustment" crap.

azzkiknzo6

Established Member
I was really thinking of buying one to use as a dailey driver but for 40k+ and very slow :shrug: Then the sales guy tells me "with about a $1000 you will smoke a lightning" Now I'm a true GM fan but how can GM make a 40k+ truck that can't beat a 30k truck ? I love the looks and it would be a great tow vehichle for my Z because of the back seat and we have a 3 year old. Smart money would buy the lightning.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread