Lightweight 18s or 19s?

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Im very opposed to going for heavier, blingier wheels for the car, I'm still on the search for a good set of wheels that are lighter than stock that I can order in wider widths yet still retain a good light weight for obvious reasons.

Anyone have any success in finding a set?

Slowponycar

Established Member
I guess the main question is how much do you want to spend? I got GA1Rs from Van at Revan Racing. Absolutely love em. 19x10 (21lbs) & 19x11 (21.2lbs) with Ford SVT springs.

photo_zps74c20747.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_zps9784a58a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_zpse584af8a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

masonh

Established Member
Those look good and 21 lb is definitely light for a 19".

Only problem is it's very hard to find drag tires for 19" wheels, though I did hear the NT05R was going to be released in a 19", but only one size.

I was actually looking at several sets of 19x10 wheels and I was going to buy the whole set, but I ended up buying just 2 rear wheels in 18x10 just because there are so many more good options for tires.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Enkei RPF1's are a lightweight wheel also. I have 2 of them 18x10" with DR's mounted on them for drag racing.

The 18's don't fit the front but they make a 19x 9.5 or 10" with a 42mm (stock is 44mm) offset that should clear the front brakes.

jibz9d.jpg

Tony

Imatk

Established Member
I have Ford GT wheels on my car, but the offset is wrong for the rear 19" so I have 18's all the way around.

Pretty light wheel.

PennyStoptech_WEd2.jpg

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Here is a link for some 18" wheels (19lbs) that I use for road racing.

Thread Link

photo-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

looking great. is the car lowered?? Just saw the SVT spring mod. Love this setup but cant really find many performance tires with a 40 sidewall -- 35 sidewall it is I guess -- But do you think if you went wider in the rear youd have an issue?

Last edited:

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
I guess the main question is how much do you want to spend? I got GA1Rs from Van at Revan Racing. Absolutely love em. 19x10 (21lbs) & 19x11 (21.2lbs) with Ford SVT springs.

photo_zps74c20747.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_zps9784a58a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_zpse584af8a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Its seriously lowered? Looks high even with 19s

Slowponycar

Established Member
Damn Slowponycar .... Looking sick in those pics!

Lol thanks your burnout pic is BadASSS!!!! :beer:

Those look good and 21 lb is definitely light for a 19".

Only problem is it's very hard to find drag tires for 19" wheels, though I did hear the NT05R was going to be released in a 19", but only one size.

I was actually looking at several sets of 19x10 wheels and I was going to buy the whole set, but I ended up buying just 2 rear wheels in 18x10 just because there are so many more good options for tires.

These are just for daily driving and auto x until I can find some good auto x tires for my OEM rims. Agree it is hard to find drag tires for 19s. Thats why I have a set of 18s SVE Drifts with ET Streets II for drag racing.
photo_zpsa2917593.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Its seriously lowered? Looks high even with 19s
Yes, it still looks high with my setup, but when siting next to a non lowered GT500, you can see the difference, not in the wheel gap but the body itself. Birddoc and I were talking about that just the other day when we met up for him to show me that I really need to start moving on my mods in order to just keep up with :bowdown: him lol

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
looking great. is the car lowered?? Just saw the SVT spring mod. Love this setup but cant really find many performance tires with a 40 sidewall -- 35 sidewall it is I guess -- But do you think if you went wider in the rear youd have an issue?

Yes the car is lowered with the Ford L springs. I found the Hoosier with the 40 sidewall on sale. The next round of tires will be 35s. I wanted a square wheel/tire setup for the track.

Users who are viewing this thread