Line Lock

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by Joe Lynch
There is a link to a Line Lock install page on the site below. There are no downsides to installing one on a street car. Tell the dealer its to help you hold the car on a hill without burning up the clutch.

http://www.lx.net/jlynch

Joe Lynch

I have done that one before, atleast thats what I told them it was for ::) and they didn't void anything

mm49

Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
Dana,
Where and what wires did you connect to, to accomplish that?

JT

JT,

Shoot me an Email I have got a PCM Diagram that shows which Pin # does what !!

Jon [email protected]

Hey Dan How ya doing in Ill ?? Pics of switches look good !

How is the ALT pulley working ??

JL

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Hi Jon,
I'm doin' great. The weather here is terrible, though. Not getting much done with the extreme cold, but it is supposed to warm up a little. The alt pulley worked out great, but haven't run it much yet.
Is your pin out chart from the '03? If not, I have that one I can send you.

You don't want to see what the rest of the interior looks like at the moment. HA! HA!

Dan

blnpny

Banned
Originally posted by NMRAcer
Dealer cannot void warranty if what broke was not caused by the line-lock ie. If your tranny takes a dump the dealer cant say "You have a line lock so we're not gonna warranty your transmission." The two are not related.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they would have to prove that the mod caused the problem.

NMRAcer you are so right!:burnout:

jtfx6552

Established Member
For some reason, I hate splicing into a car's main harness. I don't know why I hate it so much, I guess maybe it is a hold out from my restoration days. Anyway, did you just vampire clip onto the wires down by the PCM?

I was thinking of trying to find where the relays are and see if I could somehow tap in there without scarring up any wires. damn I wish you could order up the "Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting manual" that was available for Mustangs a few years back. That had all that usefull info, what relays are where, what colors are what, etc.

JT

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You could just run the wires down. I think they go to the Constant Control Relay Module which is under the right front fender. You have to pull the fenderwell to get at it though.

Dana

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
If the dealer really wants to play hardball with you they can pull the old "This car has been raced" card out since line locks tend to be dragstrip use items. Now I am not saying I agree that the presence of a line locks is indicative of racing, but if they wanna get you, they'll try just about anything. I have heard of people getting accused of racing their cars and threatened with a voided warranty because of tire rubber buildup in the fenderwell --ridiculous.

I think the bottom line is to make sure you have a good relationship with a good SVT service department to avoid these ludicrous warranty hassles..

-norcal_cobra

mm49

Established Member
I have tapped several Lightning PCM for these Mods and My own Cobra JT. I understand your hesitation! As long as you have the correct wire and use a T-splice with electrical gel from Radio Shack (Seals moisture from the tapped wire). I have been running mine this way for 4 months and no problems. My Lightning was wired for over a year No problems. Most tuners are against it. If it is done correctly and sealed well I think it much easier to control from the computer than chashing done the relay wires. 1 wire, 1 switch, 1 fuse, direct to a ground and you are done. Just My .02 cents worth !!

JL

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You don't even need the fuse. Worst thing that can happen if the wire goes to ground is that the circuit becomes energized.

I don't think there is any way you can do this mod without scarring some wires, be it at the PCM or elsewhere. You are going to have to cut into something somewhere.
Other than the problem of congestion around the PCM, the PCM area is probably the best place to make the cuts. It's inside the cabin and protected from the elements.

Dana

mm49

Established Member
Yep what Dana said !!!! :) I use a fuse just in case something else every grounded through the chassis. But really not need since it is a Ground.

I have heard of more problems trying to tap relay wires and then PCM wires...

Users who are viewing this thread