Line Lock's fill me in

MikesCobra

Established Member
Ok guys, well I just had to pay $300 to replace my rear rotors and pads, needless to say with a street and strip car I dont want to continually be burning up the rear brakes when doing a burnt out to warm the tires.

I am looking at putting a line lock on the car... so far I have looked at the Hurst kit and Pauls High performance kit.

Questions:

-The hurst kit comes with 1 solenoid which locks 1 wheel, do I need to buy two in order to lock both fronts or will just one front wheel locked be enough?
-Does this affect my abs?
-Pauls kit comes with 2 solenoids, should I go this route?
-Any other kits other then what I mentioned I should look at?
-Should I attempt this install on my own or pay the pros to do it?

Any advice, heads up, or input is welcomed.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
I have the hurst, locks both front wheels does not effect abs. The other one to buy is a slp line lock which i have also installed in my prev mach. The hurst mounts next to the abs module which some people prefer vs the slp which mounts under the master

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
Answers in red.

Questions:

-The hurst kit comes with 1 solenoid which locks 1 wheel, do I need to buy two in order to lock both fronts or will just one front wheel locked be enough?
You'll want to lock both front wheels.

-Does this affect my abs? Nope.

-Should I attempt this install on my own or pay the pros to do it?
As long as you're capable of cutting/bending/flaring brake line tubing and doing a little wiring, have at it. Installing line locks isn't a difficult task.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I vote for the SLP kit as well, definitely one of our hottest sellers and here's why... The SLP kit makes install much simpler. All the lines are pre-bent and comes with good instructions. It will save you a bunch of time and headache, that's for sure. Let us know if you have any questions about the kit, or anything else we offer.

Thanks.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Go SLP.....it's in my future. Passed on a deal and still kick my a** daily. Could have bought NIB for $50 but let a buddy pick it up instead....:nonono:

Blackedout

Established Member
I vote for the SLP kit as well, definitely one of our hottest sellers and here's why... The SLP kit makes install much simpler. All the lines are pre-bent and comes with good instructions. It will save you a bunch of time and headache, that's for sure. Let us know if you have any questions about the kit, or anything else we offer.

Thanks.

^^^^^ THIS.. :beer:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
A disguised switch is all was cool!
2013-02-14_16-28-36_660.jpg

MikesCobra

Established Member
Cool thanks guys, Ill go with the SLP then since you all have experience with it! Now to just figure out what button and location combo to use. Then time to light em up!!

oldmodman

Established Member
Are you lazy?

Like me?

Get the SLP. I have installed three kits.

Two SLP that almost fell onto the car they were so easy.

One Hurst that took three hours and a lot of cursing to bend the lines "just so"

Users who are viewing this thread