Little black air outlet on hood came off

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I was driving around and the little black piece of the air outlet on the hood came flying off and hit my windshield. I'm gonna go to the dealership and request another one but something tells me this isn't the type of piece they have setting around offhand and it's going to be lame driving around with that open, because the top of the hood blanket looks like foil paper!

Anyone else have this happen? Is it going to be a big deal to get a new one? I tried to go back and get the old one but someone ran over it and smashed it :(

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is doubtful your dealer will have the part in stock. I know my dealer had to order a new fog lamp assembly for me. It was ordered on June 17 and came in on June 23. You might ask if they can put a rush on it. Good luck. :)

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Check your hood blanket. If it is stained, replace it under warranty at the same time. Keep the old one. You can repaint it and/or do the "hood mod" to it. Anyone know if those grills are glued in, pressed in, or what?

DSG03Snake

Established Member
They are just pressed in, not glued or anything, it must have came loose when the dealer changed the oil (since these hoods take a little bit of a drop to close) and flew off once I got going decent speed. Gonna go in tomorrow, hopefully it wont take long to order, hehe.

Btw the hood blanket is fine, not stained or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread