Livernois MyCalibrator Tuner/Tune Review - 2016 Edge Sport 2.7 EcoBoost

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Been a short while, so what are your thoughts? Put anyone in their place yet?
Oh, I've had some fun with the tune, for sure. LOL. A couple of weeks ago there was this kid in a modded Honda cutting in and out of traffic on a local 2-lane road. Acting like an idiot. He tried to cut in front of me but we were too close to an approaching traffic light that was turning red so he had to stay behind me. I had a sense he wasn't happy about that. So the light turns green and there's another light a block away, so he cuts in front (close call!) of the car to my left and there we are, side by side, at that next light. I thought, let's have some fun. LOL. So I dropped it into Sport mode, waited for the light to turn green, and nailed it. The acceleration honestly caught me by surprise. It hooked and within 3 seconds he was at least 2-3 cars behind. So we merge into one lane, with him behind me, and I could tell that he was pissed. So pissed, that a mile up the road there was a turn off for I-84, and I continued straight and so did he.....riding my ass way too close. After a couple of blocks he suddenly turned around and headed back to the turn off, where I thought he was probably supposed to go in the first place. He was definitely one pissed off dude to get creamed by an SUV.

So yeah, I'm enjoying the heck out of the Livernois tune. My Edge Sport definitely holds its own on the street. Gotta love a good tune and AWD! :cool:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Oh, I've had some fun with the tune, for sure. LOL. A couple of weeks ago there was this kid in a modded Honda cutting in and out of traffic on a local 2-lane road. Acting like an idiot. He tried to cut in front of me but we were too close to an approaching traffic light that was turning red so he had to stay behind me. I had a sense he wasn't happy about that. So the light turns green and there's another light a block away, so he cuts in front (close call!) of the car to my left and there we are, side by side, at that next light. I thought, let's have some fun. LOL. So I dropped it into Sport mode, waited for the light to turn green, and nailed it. The acceleration honestly caught me by surprise. It hooked and within 3 seconds he was at least 2-3 cars behind. So we merge into one lane, with him behind me, and I could tell that he was pissed. So pissed, that a mile up the road there was a turn off for I-84, and I continued straight and so did he.....riding my ass way too close. After a couple of blocks he suddenly turned around and headed back to the turn off, where I thought he was probably supposed to go in the first place. He was definitely one pissed off dude to get creamed by an SUV.

So yeah, I'm enjoying the heck out of the Livernois tune. My Edge Sport definitely holds its own on the street. Gotta love a good tune and AWD! :cool:
Wow glad to see your having so much fun! Gotta teach them guys who think their hondas are fast whos boss and thats domestic products! :p

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Bob - Kim and I picked up a 2018 Edge Sport (White Platinum) in April .... These 2.7's are pretty quick ~ down the road it could use a tune!!

I now also have a 2017 3.5L EcoBoost F150 with a 10 speed ... Fun truck that pulls the Cobra with ease!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
JLT makes an oil catch can for these now. I put one on a few months back. Hard to believe how much oil it catches.

You guys might want to consider this modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
CP-E makes a lower roll mount. Thinking of putting one on the Edge. Hoping that the NVH isnt killer. You can certainly feel the engine rock back and forth with the 93 octane tune in it. Was going for the Ultimate Performance version but heard on the Edge forum that it causes quite a bit of vibration(a big no-no for the wife). So the CP-E version has a 60 durometer bushing and i think that could be soft enough to keep the NVH to a minimum. Their RMM for the Fiesta ST has been just about perfect and only really has a bit of NVH increase with the A/C on. Maybe i can sneak it on during the winter and hopefully she doesnt notice till spring, ill tell her its always done that....

On another note, the tune from Unleashed Tuning is amazing. Just got back from a trip to New Jersey and the truck averaged 22.3mpg on the display and 21mpg tallying it at the pump. This is going an average speed in the high 70's, might have touched 85ish for a few stretches of the NJTP.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Bingo. Trick is to reflash to stock and recycle the key( turn on and turn off the vehicle) several times depending on the mileage you have on it. The higher the mileage mileage the more key cycles. Bro tip.

A friend of mine had a Livernois tune on his edge sport and was always very happy with it. He just returned it (lease) and is having Livernois send him a tune for his new escape 2.0 ecoboost.

My only complaint would be that ancient looking proprietary handheld tuner they use. I wish they'd still give out tunes on Xcal devices (or maybe move onto the ngauge) but I know this makes more money for them.

IIRC it's not like the tech is going to have a message pop up saying "WARNING, THIS CAR HAS HAD A TUNE!" They can look at how many "key cycles" the PCM is showing, a very low key cycle count on a say 2-3 year old car would indicate the PCM has been reflashed.

Also, it's one thing when dealers are looking for excuses to void a warranty on someone bringing in a 5.0 that exploded, but I don't think they're going to be looking as hard at edge's or MKS' for tunes.

It also comes down to how big of a dick your dealer is, my dealer will actually install aftermarket parts for customers, they did a T-56 magnum XL swap on a customers roush S197.

Users who are viewing this thread