lmao taurus vs gt

fastbacon

Banned
lmao i was in my focus today and saw a new taurus the 263hp model and a white 99-04 mustang gt going at it......surprisingly the taurus was really close...this happen two times and the taurus was very close if not in the lead each time....i could not tell if the taurus got the jump but it was a riot to watch either way.....i was almost peeing myself...lol when the taurus hit it, it really squated and moved out much faster than i would have thought....lol.....

if the gt owner is on here tell us what happened.......

also the mustang was 100% a gt and was by no means a v6.....possibly an auto......

man if that taurus had an ecotech it would have been ugly i bet hahaah!!!

SixtiesIron

Established Member
taurus sho was a mistake

no big accomplishment here, lest we forget just how slowwwwwwww those GTs were(are)

and no smack from the GT owners, yes you can make them fast, i can make a lawnmower fast too ;-) but they came slow.

ernie
SixtiesIron

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
lmao i was in my focus today and saw a new taurus the 263hp model and a white 99-04 mustang gt going at it......surprisingly the taurus was really close...this happen two times and the taurus was very close if not in the lead each time....i could not tell if the taurus got the jump but it was a riot to watch either way.....i was almost peeing myself...lol when the taurus hit it, it really squated and moved out much faster than i would have thought....lol.....

if the gt owner is on here tell us what happened.......

also the mustang was 100% a gt and was by no means a v6.....possibly an auto......

man if that taurus had an ecotech it would have been ugly i bet hahaah!!!

eco tech???

ecoboost?

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
eco tech???

ecoboost?

Ecco%20The%20Dolphin%20megadrive.jpg

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^^^^ahahahahahahahaah grerat, and good to hear those taurus are doing work, sounds liek the races my friends and i do against our stangs and their high hp family sedans lol

sdg97232

Established Member
if it was a new sho im surprised it didnt put bus lengths on the gt. i know you said 263hp but im not up on my taurus lengo so im not sure witch version that is lol sorry.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
if it was a new sho im surprised it didnt put bus lengths on the gt. i know you said 263hp but im not up on my taurus lengo so im not sure witch version that is lol sorry.

i believe the new sho has 365+hp....so it shoulda smoked that thing like it was sitting still...

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
my friends dad has a 09 mks and he swears its super slow and has lackluster performance... I went out in it once and I wouldn't say it was a rocket ship....

Kinda shocked that a Taurus beat a mustang GT.... Either that makes my car even slower than both or faster than both... or somewhere in the middle

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
The new SHO makes 365hp and 350tq but don't forget it also has a curb weight of 4361 lbs. Motor trend got 13.7@103 in one so it should be a great match for a lightly modded 99-04 GT.

2k3gt

Established Member
The new SHO makes 365hp and 350tq but don't forget it also has a curb weight of 4361 lbs. Motor trend got 13.7@103 in one so it should be a great match for a lightly modded 99-04 GT.

That's what I thought too. Kinda surprised at the OPs post that a regular V6 Taurus kept up with a GT so well. Must have been a stock, auto GT.

Fire Pig

Established Member
Wow shows how times have changed.

I bet my 90 5.0 is now prey to alot of 4 bangers and V6 rice.

fastbacon

Banned
for the record it was not an sho it was a regular taurus.....the race would have been bad if it was an sho though....

Users who are viewing this thread