Local Installs Wa

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
how about a set of h&r lowering springs, possibly cc plates, on an 03 cobra?

will be down the road a bit (few weeks) but im looking for someone to do it.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
88sc_gt said:
how about a set of h&r lowering springs, possibly cc plates, on an 03 cobra?

will be down the road a bit (few weeks) but im looking for someone to do it.

Yeah, could get that done for you...

AJC-05GT

Established Member
Im the dread coworker....thanks for the hint on this thread CharlieCobra03..took awhile to find it. After talking with Charlie I have been thinking to go with the whipple instead. I need to keep it down at 420-450 rwhp since I want to keep the motor stock and I read the stock clutch cant handle 500+ torque so I have to be careful or I'll have to upgrade the clutch. I found the Brad's Custom Auto web site and I know where to come now for help. Soon as I have my plans laid out for getting the s/c (married with children) - I will get in touch.
Next project is getting the lowering kit on the car and out of the basement...Unfortunately I dont have the know how to do it.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I should be able to help you get the Whipple through a vendor here as well, send me a pm and I will see what I can do

Rick

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
Joe5.0 said:
Should i take the underdrive pulley on the Alternator off an see what happens?

I had the march underdrive pullies on my 93 Cobra and had the same issues. They're not worth the minimal horsepower they "may" provide. I took mine off and went back to the stock set up. Mine was dropping at idle too! Fine when you're driving but at idle my lights would dim really low etc.

Rob

Joe5.0

Established Member
4rdsvtdriver said:
I had the march underdrive pullies on my 93 Cobra and had the same issues. They're not worth the minimal horsepower they "may" provide. I took mine off and went back to the stock set up. Mine was dropping at idle too! Fine when you're driving but at idle my lights would dim really low etc.

Rob

Did the stock pulley fix the drop?

4rdsvtdriver

Established Member
Going back to stock fixed my problem. I know what was put on the car though. If you bought yours w/ mods already done. There may be some other things done to it as well. Hopefully removing the pullies and going back to stock will fix your problem.

4rdsvtdriver

Established Member
I took all mine off. I think if you just yanked the altenator pulley off it should be fine. You might have to go w/ a different size belt though. The alternator pulley is larger if I remember correctly. :shrug:

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
C Weil said:
One thing to check would be how the power to the alarm system is being drawn. People really, really suck at installing alarms, and they are very rarely done correctly. It should be drawing power through a relay (a solenoid would be better and more proper, but whatever) such that it's not drawing current when the car is on. Unfortunately, most draw it from constant power, which drains the hell out of the battery and helps to overdraw the alternator. Definitely a possibility.

Money is still on the underdrive and alt. wiring, though.

??? :dw: ??

Users who are viewing this thread