Location ideas for the group photo GTG....

JKD

Banned
Let's keep the trash talk out of this one fellas and try to organize a good event.

Does anyone know of some good locations?

Womack has arranged for us to have two professional photographers to do this for us. So while you are driving around town keep an eye out for some good locations.

There has to be some places around the lake areas where we could fit several cars. The Comp USA corp building has a big parking garage that I could arrange a way for us to use it too.

If anyone has some ideas feel free to speak up. :coolman:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I liked your idea of the horses out at Las Colinas, but I have no idea how much room is out there. I just always felt it was an obligatory place to take a picture of your Mustang if you're from DFW.

One place I've seen come out really well is the Eisemann Center off Galatyn Pkwy and 75. That place looks good during the day or night so it wouldn't matter when the GTG was. There's also a decent parking garage not too far from there along with the one next door (yeah yeah everyone does parking garage pictures, but they look good). Unfortunately, per their site http://www.eisemanncenter.com/ they're pretty busy do we'd have to some finagling to get time to do some good shots.

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
There are some VERY COOL but places downtown but I would Imagine impossible to get to with the traffic.

Possibly in front of the AAC, I'd imagine its pretty empty mid morning - early afternoon before the mavs/stars/concert fans start rolling in.

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Good advice

Once we decide, let's make sure we call ahead and make sure we're welcome wherever we go. Nothing like getting 100+ cars together and having to move before getting any decent pictures.:rolleyes:

adamb258

Established Member
I think it would be neat if we could find maybe 2 or 3 places rather close that way we could all cruise to the next location together after the first. That way its a cruise AND a photoshoot. It feels like ive been gone from dallas so long I have forgotten everything about it, i wont be of much help in picking a place.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Deep Ellum has some kick ass places with grafitti (sp?) and what not splattered all over the walls...

I think a Tahoe would look largely out of place, though. teee heee heee

adamb258

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Deep Ellum has some kick ass places with grafitti (sp?) and what not splattered all over the walls...

I think a Tahoe would look largely out of place, though. teee heee heee

your not using that as an excuse to puss out. As little as I am able to come back to dallas (if im able to come to this date pending) you better be there. If not im stoping by your apt to whip your ass in person :banana:

adamb258

Established Member
Hey you might tell jason to ask the photographers if they know anywhere cool that would fit how many cars we have coming, im sure they know some neat places.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
adamb258 said:
I think it would be neat if we could find maybe 2 or 3 places rather close that way we could all cruise to the next location together after the first. That way its a cruise AND a photoshoot. It feels like ive been gone from dallas so long I have forgotten everything about it, i wont be of much help in picking a place.
I'd definately be down for a cruise afterward, maybe shoot some video as well.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
So far...

Comp USA parking garage
"Horses" at Las Colinas
Eisemann Center
American Airlines Center
downtown/Deep Ellum
???

JKD

Banned
The AA center is out for sure. When we tried to do it there over on DFWstangs security made us leave even before we finished parking. Over a 100 hot rods and no where to go kinda sucked.

I personally would really like to do some of those parking garage shots. :coolman:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
Once we decide, let's make sure we call ahead and make sure we're welcome wherever we go. Nothing like getting 100+ cars together and having to move before getting any decent pictures.:rolleyes:
:p

B-O-B'03

Established Member
A bunch of us did a shoot a while ago at the Fossil watch place in Richardson.

I think someone got up on the roof for some of the shots... looked pretty good, Adam set it up as I recall?

SVT photo shoot link

That was the last time Coleman's car was running :cryying:

Damn the water restrictions... I am washing my car for this...

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread