Locking Differential

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Are there any advantages to going to a clutchless differential.I believe that if you are accelerating hard/spinning and the clutches slipped on one side the results would sling the car around or at very least cause control issues.Really need some opinions on this-Think it happened to me!

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I went with the D True Trac cause I was getting the one wheel peel after many trips to the strip. No regrets.
Never really had this car sling around on me though. Very easy to control even when out of control from my experience. Maybe cause it weighs 2 tons?:poke:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I've also been considering a different differential. It seems most are upgrading to the true trac. I had a Detroit Locker in my old 427 68 that I just loved. There was that ratcheting sound around slow tight turns though. I wonder how the locker would do on a road course? I've also been wondering how good the stock axles are. Has anyone broke one? If you've upgraded, what did you go with?

FormerGmc

Established Member
I've also been considering a different differential. It seems most are upgrading to the true trac. I had a Detroit Locker in my old 427 68 that I just loved. There was that ratcheting sound around slow tight turns though. I wonder how the locker would do on a road course? I've also been wondering how good the stock axles are. Has anyone broke one? If you've upgraded, what did you go with?

I would not do the locker for a road course. Do the Tru-trac. There is no racheting at all.. It is like the original diff without the moan problem and the single track that mine was doing before the switch.

The locker is probably better for the 1/4 mile. :shrug:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
you have the stock diff still?

I wish I had told them to put the true track in

its only money right

please tell me I will not regret this

nope, not anymore..once it's opened up I had the shop install
the 73's and T-Trac

but I was talking about my other rides/setup^^^^^no control issues

chuckstang

Established Member
Who did you all purchase your TrueTrack from?

Unfortunately, I think I will have to stick with the factory diff for awhile longer as my rear end is already put back together.

Oh well, I had no moaning or one wheel burnouts before so I shouldnt now right?

MD03SVT

Established Member

In my old GT500 vert I twisted a moser axle after only 2 runs and sent it back only to be told it was due to tire-shake...I guess I have the same problem as John Force:rolling:
In my GT500 coupe I also had mosers (no choice nothing else was availble at the time and I also twisted the drivers side again,I just received a set from Strange now that they are available and will see how the hold up.I do use a True trac and so far so good.I want a 9'' but am waiting for the one made by strange for the CJ is available.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
In my old GT500 vert I twisted a moser axle after only 2 runs and sent it back only to be told it was due to tire-shake...I guess I have the same problem as John Force:rolling:
In my GT500 coupe I also had mosers (no choice nothing else was availble at the time and I also twisted the drivers side again,I just received a set from Strange now that they are available and will see how the hold up.I do use a True trac and so far so good.I want a 9'' but am waiting for the one made by strange for the CJ is available.

John Force....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread