lol, my allstate "drivewise" stats

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
It's funny that when I try to debate anything it's because I am stirring the pot. You people make me laugh :). It's not that I'd rather have a better insight to the thought process of some people, more so the theory conspiracists, which one of the spoken ones in here had admitted to being before.

I was curious as to what actually makes you think that your information would be tracked. Carry on though...:lol:

(Wire takes his ball and goes home) :lol1:

It's hard to have a debate online. Everyone is tougher and has bigger balls here. Why debate, listen to your opinion and then give my opposing opinion when I can just call you names.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
What exactly do they consider "hard accel"?
If the thing is calibrated for a weak-ass Honda Civic and you stick it in a Cobra, every time you take off in 1st gear it's going to be recorded as a hard accel.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I believe they plug into the OBD2 port, which would mean they have access to the TPS, so they probably go by percentage the throttle is open.

Last edited:

alex3610

Established Member
It's just that we're now putting new cover sheets on the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
The part that bugs me is I could be punished for my driving habits yet I have yet to have an accident. I have watched (I have to stop witnessing) so many accidents caused by people 'driving normal' and simply not paying attention it just sickens me that the solution is to charge people who pay attention and drive aggressive from time to time more money than the average idiot on the road who is going 10mph under the speed limit and texting.

20redfire03

Established Member
The part that bugs me is I could be punished for my driving habits yet I have yet to have an accident. I have watched (I have to stop witnessing) so many accidents caused by people 'driving normal' and simply not paying attention it just sickens me that the solution is to charge people who pay attention and drive aggressive from time to time more money than the average idiot on the road who is going 10mph under the speed limit and texting.

I don't believe they can raise your rates from the information they get, but I am only going by the progessive commercial I have heard where a person says what if I sometimes speed and Flo says there is no risk or something along those lines.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Excluding cell phones, most people don't have any sort of personal information attached to their GPS devices.

I think most people that have a problem with the Drive Wise device is the fear that kind of tracking may inch its way into being a requirement to obtain insurance. So I'm required to purchase insurance to operate my vehicle, and I'm required to allow my habits to be tracked in order to purchase insurance (hypothetically speaking of course).

the insurance companies are out to make money. especially since theyre always paying out money. its a BIG business. i wouldnt be surprised if they currently had lobbyists in DC and state capitals trying to push this on politicians. they could easily claim that it will make the roads safer by penalizing the "few" that drive recklessly. all under the guise of "public safety". meanwhile they can sit back and watch the premiums soar.

imagine the state requiring these just to drive a car. i just got a parking ticket an hour ago because i was ten minutes late to move it. they wouldnt even have to send parking fairies out. they could just have the system automatically tell when a car is illegally parked and issue a ticket. same with speeding etc... :uh oh: hopefully that is just a far fetched idea of mine lol :read:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i think it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard of, letting a company monitor what you do in your car. why don't you put a webcam in your bathroom and send the irs a link. i hear they give out tax return discounts if you shit just right.

Jefe

Established Member
Being in the insurance industry and talking with State Reps regularly, this is not something that is being discussed at the State level, at least not here. A liberal state? I wouldnt doubt it. This is simply another "discount" tool they are using to try to put themselves ahead of the competition.

Seeing how the Feds implemented their new banking laws and forcing checking fees on most everyone's accounts, I can only imagine its a matter of time if we keep electing these types of people

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Being in the insurance industry and talking with State Reps regularly, this is not something that is being discussed at the State level, at least not here. A liberal state? I wouldnt doubt it. This is simply another "discount" tool they are using to try to put themselves ahead of the competition.

Seeing how the Feds implemented their new banking laws and forcing checking fees on most everyone's accounts, I can only imagine its a matter of time if we keep electing these types of people

:uh oh::eek:

Wow, this was not the response I was expecting from you when I came in here!

Users who are viewing this thread