Lone Navy SEAL survives Taliban attack

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I ran across this video and thought it was just the most incredible thing I'd seen in a while. This soldier is a true American hero.
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1008833348990542251&q=navy+seal&total=2676&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4"]Lone Navy SEAL Survives Taliban Ambush[/ame]

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
wow that is amazing. i have the upmost respect for our armed forces. and that's a travesty that he had to worry about going to prison for doing his job in a life or death situation...unbelievable that people in this country think like that.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
wow that is amazing. i have the upmost respect for our armed forces. and that's a travesty that he had to worry about going to prison for doing his job in a life or death situation...unbelievable that people in this country think like that.

I know, that part of the interview really blew me away, I wasn't surprised at all that people think like that though. Some people are real pieces of work.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Those guys were modern day Spartans! It's a shame the predicament they were put in to have to make that choice which ended in tragedy.

66Mustang

What a good dude and American! It must have been a tough decision to let those goat herders go and knowing what the outcome could be....Good luck to him!

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
So amazing, I have so much respect for them and all US Military overseas. I cannot imagine being in that circumstance.

King$nake

Banned
Marcus Luttrell. He has a book called "Lone Survivor" which I have read almost 3x now. Absolute incredible story, and it's even more incredible what his team mates went through and how they unselfishelly sacrificed their lives for the other team mates. Lone Survivor is a MUST read.

I am convinced that SEAL Team guys and other U.S. SF are the best and toughest in the world

Sapperstang

Established Member
Marcus Luttrell. He has a book called "Lone Survivor" which I have read almost 3x now. Absolute incredible story, and it's even more incredible what his team mates went through and how they unselfishelly sacrificed their lives for the other team mates. Lone Survivor is a MUST read.

I am convinced that SEAL Team guys and other U.S. SF are the best and toughest in the world

Beat me to it. I have the book and it is well worth the read.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
See, guys like this are the ones that make me seriously want to shoot people when they bash and ridicule the soldiers. I'll have to check out that book.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Quite a story. Every day he faces the consequence of the decision he helped make which ended up costing the lives of his comrades. I salute him! And his fallen comrades! They're all HEROES!

corysmach1

Established Member
Amazing....it does bug me everyday to think what those are doing everyday over there for us....IMO....its bullshit about the rules of engagement...its ****ing war!!

EricfromMO

Established Member
they are very courageous men! My brother was actually in a helio looking for them with 7-8 other helio's and the helio directly behind him was the one that got shot down where it killed all 16 aboard.

Users who are viewing this thread