"Lone Survivor", the movie!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
"Based on the failed June 28, 2005 mission "Operation Red Wing." Four members of SEAL Team 10, were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader, Admad Shad. Marcus Luttrell was the only member of his team to survive."

They're finally getting the ball rolling on this. The cast has some studs and the budget is supposed to be around 50 million. I'm hoping it's going to be up there with BHD as far as quality is concerned. I can't f'n wait. I don't think there is a set date yet but I remember reading somewhere that it'll be sometime in 2013.
Here's the cast:

Mark Wahlberg
Taylor Kitsch
Emile Hirsch
Eric Bana
Ben Foster

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Saw this a while back but it only mentioned Wahlberg and Kitch. The addition of Bana makes it a must see, he's one of my favorite actors and an all around good guy, car guy too!

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Subscribed. I never read a book faster in my life. Outstanding account of that event. The movie script better do it justice.

Last

Established Member
Great book.

I even read Service.

Look forward to the movie, hope it does not disappoint.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Subscribed. I never read a book faster in my life. Outstanding account of that event. The movie script better do it justice.

I'm with you. I started it one day and finished it the next. I just couldn't put it down, and I'm not much on reading, too!

I recommend this book to anybody who hasn't read it. It's a must.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Best book I've ever read, couldn't put it down and honestly I hate books. Marcus has been posting some updates regarding the movie on his fb page. Filming has begun.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
WOW this is awesome. I HAVE to see this in theater. I hope Luttrell is in on the script and keeps it true to either the book or his account.

Ive been debating reading service. any good?

Either way I am looking forward to this one

Ratchet27

Established Member
Service is decent. It is no where near as good as Lone Survivor, but then again it's hard to top LS.

Tacky03

Established Member
I read the entire book during a staff duty shift. Great book and hope the movie does justice to all that were involved.

Users who are viewing this thread