Long Bars (your opinions)

DolSVT00

Established Member
Been looking at the LFP bars, but I have seen posted somewhere some bent ones (not shure who's they where)

Also seen the JLP and JDM ones but they must be made of Titanium alloy for the price they want. For the same price I could get the Metco's........

Looking at 1.5xx 60's or better, and my slapper's have met their limit (They were good and trustworthy for about 2 years but I outgrew them. I think 1.6xx 60's are it for slappers, they handled that fine.)

Tell me who's you have.........(need opinions from the guys cutting low 1.6's to high 1.4's)

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
i have a 2/4 drop and my JLPs hit just about everything. cant hardly get it on the drive on 2 post lift!!

uncooked

Established Member
I think I will be ordering the Jlp's fairly soon. Hopefully no problems, truck is pretty dam low now ... Another 3/4 out of the front today. 4x4 tans pan has me freaked out, might have to swap to something else, that sucker hangs low :uh oh:

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
im thinking about making my own... the good ones are pricey and i could get the metal for a fraction of that...

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
I feel Cal-Tracs are the best possible traction bar out of what is available for the Lightning, it has none of the clearance issues, and has good geometry in my opinion.

My second choice would be the Metco bars, but they are a distant second. as all they, or any of the other bars do is stop axle wrap, but only the Cal-tracs give actual lift charectaristics, again in my opinion based on suspension geometry facts.

Last edited:

retics4me

Established Member
I feel Cal-Tracs are the best possible traction bar out of what is available for the Lightning, it has none of the clearance issues, and has good geometry in my opinion.

My second choice would be the Metco bars, but they are a distant second. as all they, or any of the other bars do is stop axle wrap, but only the Cal-tracs give actual lift charectaristics, again in my opinion based on suspension geometry facts.

I agree with you . I took off my long bars due to clearance issues .Ill be putting on Cal tracs in spring .

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I have JLP on my truck. Im making serious power and give them hell with zero problems. They seem to have good clearance and my truck is lowered.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
KwikSilvr bent his and has since changed to Cal-Tracs.

I bought the JLP longbars a couple years ago due to the ease of installation but in retrospect I wish I would have gone with Metcos or Cal-Tracs. At some point I hope to make the change. I dislike the clearance issues caused by the long bars and I also dislike the suspension binding. The do their job at reducing/eliminating axle hop though so they're not all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread