Long time to build boost??

03SVT Ski

Established Member
now I know a Centri Cobra will be a totally different animal but I have some questions. Here is my setup. 2003 Cobra, stock motor, never even have valve covers off.
Procharger F1-A on E85 with ID1000’s injectors. ARH 1 7/8” to 3” Bassani exhaust. So, on the dyno my Car made 789/641 at 25lbs of boost at 6750rpm. My question is I’m only making 6lbs of boost at 4500 and then the car is a rocket. At idle the BOV seems like it’s bleeding a ton of air, it’s so freaking loud. Any chance I’m bleed to much air and it’s taking to long to build boost?

blownstang4.6

Established Member
That's a huge blower that is not going to wake up until higher rpm and your low 8.5 compression isn't going to make any power down low. You have a high rpm setup. That big blower is pushing alot of air through it just free spinning so the bov is going to be loud the whole time. What bov do you have?

Last edited:

03SVT Ski

Established Member
That's a huge blower that is not going to wake up until higher rpm and your low 8.5 compression isn't going to make any power down low. You have a high rpm setup. That big blower is pushing alot of air through it just free spinning so the bov is going to be loud the whole time. What bov do you have?

It’s a Procharger BIG red, I was thinking of making a change to a Tial 50mm with a stiffer spring.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sounds about right for an F1A. All centris take a bit to make boost. They make max boost at max rpm. Just how they work.

Leave the Big Red. The Tial is just as loud. Had one on my F1A. You can't change springs like you can for a turbo. The BOV needs to be open at idle and part throttle.

MG0h3

Established Member
^^^what these guys said. Spring won’t do anything. If that was an issue, the 25psi would blow past it more than your 6psi

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03SVT Ski

Established Member
^^^what these guys said. Spring won’t do anything. If that was an issue, the 25psi would blow past it more than your 6psi

I get what you guys are saying. So why I’m gonna end up doing since I already have the parts is convert from the factory lower and A2W setup is throw on my 99/01 upper and lower and run a treadstone A2A. This should help with some low end power. I will also have a 5.3 stroker w/9.5.1 Comp this fall

MG0h3

Established Member
Man you sure? I know they don’t make as much heat because you’re under high boots for less time, but still. What’s your IATs hit with your normal type of driving?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
my D1 procharged car only makes like 8psi in the mid 5000s and 15 at 7k. Thats just the nature of the centri beast

Im currently A2A and looking at going W2A but it would be in an inline intercooler not a terminator style setup. I dont know what the difference would be in powerband going from the procharger setup with a terminator lower but I've heard thats not the most efficient intake setup.

03SVT Ski

Established Member
my D1 procharged car only makes like 8psi in the mid 5000s and 15 at 7k. Thats just the nature of the centri beast

Im currently A2A and looking at going W2A but it would be in an inline intercooler not a terminator style setup. I dont know what the difference would be in powerband going from the procharger setup with a terminator lower but I've heard thats not the most efficient intake setup.

The Termi lower is indeed killing low end torque, it didn’t have to make low end power with having a PD type blower.

Users who are viewing this thread