Long tube Header Opinions needed.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Don't see anything from anyone asking about this subject. Please send again and make sure you put something obvious in the subject line. I get 700-800 emails weekly

sleek98

Established Member
Ended up getting time to call auto anything. They did match the 659.99 listed on the access speed. I ended up paying 70 in shipping for a total of 729.99 shipped. I got the tracking number today and they will be here tomorrow from Dynatechs factory.

Also American Muscle has the off road X pipe listed at 399.99 vs everywhere else at 599.99 so I picked up that using their facebook code for 375.99. It will be here today. They have it listed as a 11-14 GT only however the part number per Dynatech lists both the GT and the GT500 as the same part. I emailed and confirmed fitment with dynatech before ordering. It will be here today so I can see if it has the right 2 3/4" outlet.

Total for headers and x pipe shipped 1,104.98

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Ended up getting time to call auto anything. They did match the 659.99 listed on the access speed. I ended up paying 70 in shipping for a total of 729.99 shipped. I got the tracking number today and they will be here tomorrow from Dynatechs factory.

Also American Muscle has the off road X pipe listed at 399.99 vs everywhere else at 599.99 so I picked up that using their facebook code for 375.99. It will be here today. They have it listed as a 11-14 GT only however the part number per Dynatech lists both the GT and the GT500 as the same part. I emailed and confirmed fitment with dynatech before ordering. It will be here today so I can see if it has the right 2 3/4" outlet.

Total for headers and x pipe shipped 1,104.98

That is awesome to hear! Now that leaves some money left over for other mods! ;-)

cstunkard

Established Member
Premium Member
We sell Dynatech 2:1 over the others we offer. Always in stock. A new set is ready to adorn the lovely and talented (and rebuilt) Christine.

BJ

Will the Dynatech's allow you to change the clutch without having to remove the headers? I have heard that is the case with Kooks, but not sure about the Dynatech's

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Are there any cats out these days that hold up to the HP and the heat of these cars? I know a few years ago most of the aftermarket ones were melting down after some abuse.

99VERT

Established Member
Headers are in and it took me about 14 total hours. Didn't rush through any of it and just took my time. A few bolts were very challenging to say the least. the passenger side front tube was the worst for me. They sound friggin amazing compared to jus the a standard off road x-pipe! Look how necked down these stock manifolds are. the calipers are reading right at 2" opening. Trust me there are several other areas in the throat of these things that are worse.
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 12.03.31 PM.png

Islandcat

Established Member
I was stunned when my tuner handed me my manifolds after my header installation. Unbelievable how small they are. Makes you wonder how it makes the power it does lol

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Headers are in and it took me about 14 total hours. Didn't rush through any of it and just took my time. A few bolts were very challenging to say the least. the passenger side front tube was the worst for me. They sound friggin amazing compared to jus the a standard off road x-pipe! Look how necked down these stock manifolds are. the calipers are reading right at 2" opening. Trust me there are several other areas in the throat of these things that are worse. View attachment 88051
Where's the vids?!? Lol

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
You made a good choice going with Kooks. I don't have anything bad to say about the other known brands, but the Kooks headers are actually a 3/4 length header and for a daily driver or street car, they are much less likely to cause ground clearance issues. Of course they are top notch quality too, so that doesn't hurt.

99VERT

Established Member
Videos of some street driving today. Getting the car tuned next week so I couldn't really lay into it! I will post up Dyno Vids with the car screaming!

Users who are viewing this thread