Long Tube Headers

rfgoss1

Established Member
I haven't posted in a while. Well, since some idiot totaled my GT500. Since then I bought a 2015 Z06 but I now have a 2017 GT350 on order. I called my buddy Lou and LG Motorsports and told him I need headers. So he is going to use my car as the mule for designing a set for the GT350. Hoping I can build some torque since this motor is not strong on the bottom end. Especially after having the beast I have now. I am also looking at forced induction. Anyone done anything besides Lethal's mule relative to SC's or turbos.
Randy

myshelby3425

Established Member
I haven't posted in a while. Well, since some idiot totaled my GT500. Since then I bought a 2015 Z06 but I now have a 2017 GT350 on order. I called my buddy Lou and LG Motorsports and told him I need headers. So he is going to use my car as the mule for designing a set for the GT350. Hoping I can build some torque since this motor is not strong on the bottom end. Especially after having the beast I have now. I am also looking at forced induction. Anyone done anything besides Lethal's mule relative to SC's or turbos.
Randy

Just Henessey but they put down shitty numbers on a whipple don't know why.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You will need small tube headers to boost low-end torque at the expense of the high-end.

liter of cola

Established Member
Just Henessey but they put down shitty numbers on a whipple don't know why.

I thought they put down 809hp at the crank. whats shitty about that? 700whp sounds great to me. as far as I know the Hennessey car is on 93 not e85 like lethal... also Hennessey doesn't delete the cats like lethal did, e85 and a cat delete is why lethal got an extra 100whp. one thing Hennessey did that leathal didn't is they replced the pistons with forged aluminum units and they also replaced the rods for some stronger forged ones. looks like the rods may be a weekpoint in this 5.2 voodoo. this motor was designed to be an n/a performer not a boosted application.

I personally think a full exhaust from kooks or ARH, plus a jlt cai, and a racy set of cams would be the best way to run this car.

Last edited:

myshelby3425

Established Member
I thought they put down 809hp at the crank. whats shitty about that? 700whp sounds great to me. as far as I know the Hennessey car is on 93 not e85 like lethal... also Hennessey doesn't delete the cats like lethal did, e85 and a cat delete is why lethal got an extra 100whp. one thing Hennessey did that leathal didn't is they replced the pistons with forged aluminum units and they also replaced the rods for some stronger forged ones. looks like the rods may be a weekpoint in this 5.2 voodoo. this motor was designed to be an n/a performer not a boosted application.

I personally think a full exhaust from kooks or ARH, plus a jlt cai, and a racy set of cams would be the best way to run this car.

Yes numbers are crap. The coyote puts down those numbers or better completely stock with cats.

liter of cola

Established Member
Yes numbers are crap. The coyote puts down those numbers or better completely stock with cats.

so does the 5.2... internal mods were for durability. once again, this motor was optimized for n/a power. the fact that it makes the same numbers as a yote when blown isnt a bad thing at all. what did you expect 1000whp on 5psi... lmao. 700whp is fantastic, so take it easy rook. this motor would prolly do really good with a high revving turbo setup.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Now I'm going to have to search, but I thought Lethal laid down almost 100hp more at the same PSI as a similarly modded Coyote?

As far as i know it seams the 5.2 and the 5.0 make about the same when using the 2.9 whipple and the same pully.

myshelby3425

Established Member
so does the 5.2... internal mods were for durability. once again, this motor was optimized for n/a power. the fact that it makes the same numbers as a yote when blown isnt a bad thing at all. what did you expect 1000whp on 5psi... lmao. 700whp is fantastic, so take it easy rook. this motor would prolly do really good with a high revving turbo setup.

Relax there buddy.. Just with the added compression its going to make a considerable amount.

Again 680whp is low for the gt350 and especially on their notorious high reading dyno.

liter of cola

Established Member
Where did u pull that number out of... Hennessey stated 809hp at the crank. Thats not 680whp. Also Cat delete and e85 makes a big differance at that power level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread