Long tube headers

NVRENUFBOOST

Established Member
Has anyone installed long tube headers on a 2k R? If so, what kind?
I don't know if there will be any advantages to adding long tube headers but my R is supercharged and I was looking at the stock headers by cylinders 1 & 8 where the exhaust tubes are bent - almost looks kinked. I'm thinking this is restricting air flow.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
4Mustangs said:
Has anyone installed long tube headers on a 2k R? If so, what kind?
I don't know if there will be any advantages to adding long tube headers but my R is supercharged and I was looking at the stock headers by cylinders 1 & 8 where the exhaust tubes are bent - almost looks kinked. I'm thinking this is restricting air flow.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

No one makes long tubes for a Y2KR. It's strictly a custom fabbed job!!!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
You could probably get WAtson Engineering up here in Detroit to make you a set. Our Kiwi friend also had a set made for his car. If you had more than 1 set made I bet the price would come down quite a bit.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
93SVTCobra said:
You could probably get WAtson Engineering up here in Detroit to make you a set. Our Kiwi friend also had a set made for his car. If you had more than 1 set made I bet the price would come down quite a bit.

Yeah, instead of five grand it would only be $4,800.00. ;-)

TimB

Established Member
Also unless you are running an aftermarket k-member it's a pretty tight fit.As for hp gains mine were worth the effort.

Tim

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
Bruce, it should only be around 1200 or so per set from watson. Think of it this way. If you learn to drive without cording tires in a single weekend you could pay for them in tire savings in a single event. With the extra power you may even be able to beat the little 93R you had so much trouble with at AutoBahn.....

;)

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
b_tone said:
Bruce, it should only be around 1200 or so per set from watson. Think of it this way. If you learn to drive without cording tires in a single weekend you could pay for them in tire savings in a single event. With the extra power you may even be able to beat the little 93R you had so much trouble with at AutoBahn.....

;)

That'll leave a mark..... :banana: :-D

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Wise Guys!!!! Better watch your backs this weekend?!?! :read: :p

Bruce admitting that you will be behind the little 93R is your first step into recovery......Don't worry Bruce, my offer still stands on driving your car with you in it to show you how it's done and what it's like to be fast. :poke:
:pepper:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
b_tone said:
Bruce admitting that you will be behind the little 93R is your first step into recovery......Don't worry Bruce, my offer still stands on driving your car with you in it to show you how it's done and what it's like to be fast. :poke:
:pepper:

Ok bring your '93 R (oh, I mean Mark's) to the Northwoods event next year and we'll see who cuts the mustard and who licks the lid. ;-)

There are few people I would let drive my car and you aint one of 'em!!! :poke: :p :lol1:

It's a short list by the way. Brian (G not T), Doc, Dean, Damian, Lew and Mark. Remember, I've seen how you drive?!?! ;-) :lol1:

Last edited:

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
There are few people I would let drive my car and you aint one of 'em!!! :poke: :p :lol1:

It's a short list by the way. Brian (G not T), Doc, Dean, Damian, Lew and Mark. Remember, I've seen how you drive?!?! ;-) :lol1:

It's sad how little faith you have in me.

I am hurt, truly hurt. Seriously.

No good beer for you.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
b_tone said:
It's sad how little faith you have in me.

I am hurt, truly hurt. Seriously.

No good beer for you.

I never said I didn't have faith in you? I just don't like your definition of "surface" when you're on track?!?! :rockon: :bowdown:

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I never said I didn't have faith in you? I just don't like your definition of "surface" when you're on track?!?! :rockon: :bowdown:

Like you have never have used a few feet of additional track that was slightly lower mu.

Besides, that was a race not open tracking. I don't take those kinds of calculated maneuvers while opentracking. The only thing that ever happens to me open tracking are blown motors!

I want to see the video from Autobahn on Friday night so I know what you are talking about.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
b_tone said:
Like you have never have used a few feet of additional track that was slightly lower mu..

Well, there was this one time at Gingerman when I was trying to finish off a set of Hoosiers that were corded on both edges because I had them reversed on the rims. I had about 45 psi in them and I was trying to cord the middle of the tire and the car just wouldn't stop in 10 and I ran off track. That is the only time I've been off track anywhere. I guess I'm a wuss, huh?

b_tone said:
Besides, that was a race not open tracking. I don't take those kinds of calculated maneuvers while opentracking. The only thing that ever happens to me open tracking are blown motors!

Oh MUCH better than running off track!! :read: :poke:

b_tone said:
I want to see the video from Autobahn on Friday night so I know what you are talking about.

I've been carrying around these tapes in my bag since MAY!! You'll get to see the tape I promise!!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread