Long wait FINALLY over

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Well picked up #2281 Black vert, blk/graphite today. Built on 8-4 and finally made it here. Had 30 miles on the odometer from the factory. Had only 1 small ding on the shifter and they already ordered a new one. Went for a 45 min test drive (in rain and rush hour :gt: ) NO vibe at 80-100 in 6th. NO pull. NO problem with gear selection. Only problem was that I couldnt get on it like I wanted to.. Cant wait to start the modding. I am a total car noob, but with the knowledge on this site, and the helpful people I'm determined to learn.

jason

SVTyballz

Established Member
Congrats dude!!!!! I got yer PM. It's hard to stay out of the boost huh?? We'll need to hook up one day. Only have seen one other 03 around Daytona. Maybe I'll take a ride up to Jax. Have fun.

gary

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Jason,
Congrats... That makes three verts in Jax I know of. Two in my neighborhood (torch red and mine) and you over by the beaches. Enjoy the ride and let's hook up - the torch guy is a friend from work who reads these boards too. These cars are definitely the most fun you can have with your pants on....
Cheers,
Pete

SVTyballz

Established Member
I should have my pants on while im driving it???????.................hmmmmmmmmmmm um ok......

hahahahhahaha

gary

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
03DOHC, Man would I have loved to run all night but it's Noah's Arc rain here in sunny FL. I did put 60 miles on her this morning on my run to pick up breakfast (the McD's is across the street from my house :) ) I have to say the car feels great, very tight and stable. Little concered over the power, every time I looked down I was doing like 70+ in a 45:bash: Had a ricer try to run me and a camaro rode beside me for awhile checking it out.

For the techs out there, should i put the 500-700 miles on the car before doing my exhaust+coi or does it matter? Thanks

jason

hmmm mental image of gary riding in his vet without pants on...

Silver 03 Cobra

Congrats on your 03.

My car got here one month late. I had ordered my full Bassani to get here on the original 03 delivery date. When i picked up my 03 I took a small detour home but I had it on that night with 60 miles on the odo and it had 30 when i picked it up. There is no better sound that a 4V with a Bassani. This was my third 4V CObra so that is why I was so quick to do the install plus the stock 03 is very quiet. Mod away.

Users who are viewing this thread