Longterm amsoil use tr6060

Devcon 7

Established Member
Was just wondering if there's anyone out there that has put a few miles on their car using this fluid and drives them hard? Trying to figure out whats best for my tranny, will have the newer hybrid syncro's. From past experience the amsoil and other synthetics caused a early death to syncro's on t45's and tr3650's.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Was just wondering if there's anyone out there that has put a few miles on their car using this fluid and drives them hard? Trying to figure out whats best for my tranny, will have the newer hybrid syncro's. From past experience the amsoil and other synthetics caused a early death to syncro's on t45's and tr3650's.

Would like detailed info on the claim "amsoil and other synthetics caused a early death to syncro's on t45's and tr3650's" because I had Amsoil ATF in my 2008 Mustang GT for 40,000 miles (T3650) and always shifted like butter. Had it in my 2009 GT500 as well, not one hiccup (butter shifts). Therefore, I do not agree.

Also, many T6060 owners on this site are using the same formulation, without issue. Amsoil ATF

Tremec has tested Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in their transmissions, and have no problem recommending it either.

Last edited:

Devcon 7

Established Member
Would like detailed info on the claim "amsoil and other synthetics caused a early death to syncro's on t45's and tr3650's" because I had Amsoil ATF in my 2008 Mustang GT for 40,000 miles (T3650) and always shifted like butter. Had it in my 2009 GT500 as well, not one hiccup (butter shifts). Therefore, I do not agree.

Also, many T6060 owners on this site are using the same formulation, without issue. Amsoil ATF

Tremec has tested Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in their transmissions, and have no problem recommending it either.
I have no scientific evidence of sorts to support my claim unfortunately. We put am soil atf in a friend's Bullitt that shifted great than a month later the second gear syncro went out...This was during winter months so no drag strip ext. Also had the same experience with a t45 and a tr3650 using mercon V...The tr3650 I threw back in mercon III and it stopped. Was curious if anyone had similar experiences with the tr6060's.

Ablaze

Established Member
I used amsoil in my TR3650 for about 20k miles and 2 years. I made a conscious effort to note the shifting before, and after. Was all smiles, cold shifting improved and notchiness all but disappeared. Sold that car and picked up a GT500. Had some notchiness in 2nd. Amsoil again. 500 miles later it was gone. Bought the car with 20 miles on it. It's at 5450 miles now and about 6 months. All smiles so far.

SVTDice

Established Member
I have used Amsoil ATF in my T56 for the past 10k miles. No problems so far, all smiles here.

Users who are viewing this thread