longtube header installation...

poisoned apple

Established Member
well, i just installed my long tube headers, after hours of research on how and the best way i finally did it my own way haha. most everyone said broke the K and do it from the bottom, some said on top... i guess its just a matter of what you feel like doing. Well in my case i had the heads off bc i was doing some work to it so on the driver side i bolted the headers to the head and took off the steering shaft and dropped the whole thing in there, it worked very nicely. Now the passenger side is a different story, you'll have to either do it the old fashioned way of pain and misery... or unbolt the tranny from the chassis and the 2 motor mount bolts in the front and push the engine/tranny toward the driver side enough for you to slip the head/header combo in. but all this is if you have the heads off as i did, if not then this is useless info.
I hope im not sounding like a broken record or anything but Ive never seen anyone say this so i thought id post a little something about it. i hope i can save someone from hours on banging their head against the wall:bash:, thanks for reading.
comment if you have any questions, if not, its just here for reading. food for thought haha

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I did it without unbolting the K member and head still on the car, I have a tubular but god damn was I hard headed about not wanting to drop the k-member, never ever again will I do it unless I drop the K. I had to raise the motor and push it side to side with air bags to get them to fit, then I broke my knuckles all apart trying to fit my big ass hand in there to tighten the bolts on the studs... man that was a crappy weekend.

Glad yours went all right.

Users who are viewing this thread