Longtubes: BBK or Kooks?

PIXER

Banned
which is better for my '98 Cobra?
I have the chance to buy already Ceramic coated BBK longtubes (need gastgets and bolts---- B+ condition)
for $275
OR

Hooker Super Comp longtubes and the matching Aerochamber catless xpipe
(need gastgets, bolts, and longtubes will need to be ceramic coated or paited or something- kinda ugly) (no holes)
for $275.

Which is better and what should I buy?
I will be matching it up to a magnaflow CB

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
hooker ...only b/c u can remove the trans with out removing the pass header

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
BBK should be your last choice....
Get the Hookers. Even if they are ugly it really doesnt even matter on these cars, you can barely even see them anywats, and if your car is lowered like mine there just gonna get beat up anyways..

Wildpony

Established Member
I would take the Hooker's for that price.
Im pretty sure though the Kook's can be left in place when servicing the tranny and they are Stainless.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
i would say hookers. ive always heard good stuff about hooker. unfortunatly i can't say the same about bbk.

Helomech74

Established Member
I have Kooks on mine with a 3" collector and I don't have issues with ground clearance at all (my car is lowered too). Didn't need to remove anything to get the old T-45 out of the car. Kooks are pricey, but they perform very well, the build quality is top notch as well. If I had to choose between the BBK's or Hookers though, I would take the Hookers.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
where are you guys coming up with you can't get the trans out with the header on for bbk's? I got mine out......bellhousing is a 2 piece design. Trans comes out and you just twist the bellhousing 180 degrees and it comes right out.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
where are you guys coming up with you can't get the trans out with the header on for bbk's? I got mine out......bellhousing is a 2 piece design. Trans comes out and you just twist the bellhousing 180 degrees and it comes right out.

Yeah, you have a 2003 Cobra with a t56 (before the automatic indicated in your signature).

We all have 96-98's with a t45. The trans and bellhousing is one piece. You can't get it out.

And I'll ask again...

Where are you getting Hookers for $275?

Is this a private seller?

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Yeah, you have a 2003 Cobra with a t56 (before the automatic indicated in your signature).

We all have 96-98's with a t45. The trans and bellhousing is one piece. You can't get it out.

And I'll ask again...

I hate the new forum set up. I just saw this in the recent links on the home page and jumped in without seeing what subforum it was. You are right. I hated my t45 in my 98 cobra. Avoid the bbks at all cost on that model. Trust us

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
I have BBK LTs and they were a PAIN IN THE A$$ TO PUT IN!!! Also the bung for the EGR air box tube on the driver's side doesn't match up properly so you will have to adjust it or delete the EGR setup to aviod problems. Eventually I will go with a built motor and I am giong to ditch the BBKs. They do sound really good though.

PIXER

Banned

And I'll ask again...

YES PRIVATE SELLER, LOCAL, Headers and matching X-pipe :coolman:

PIXER

Banned
anyone got a link to get Kooks? (cheapest)

Go figure I make this thread just to ask around and the seller of the hookers send me a PM saying that he just sold them (SO maybe he wasn't "local" per say.... :dw: )

Counting your chickens before they hatch again......

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I hate the new forum set up. I just saw this in the recent links on the home page and jumped in without seeing what subforum it was. You are right. I hated my t45 in my 98 cobra. Avoid the bbks at all cost on that model. Trust us

same here i thought this was for an 03/04 cobra. well i say get the hookers instead.

Users who are viewing this thread