Longtubes: BBK or Kooks?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
bbk is not what you want
i would say hooker, but you mention nothing about kooks in your post? if you have the money go with kooks. I have them and love em, 3" collector as well and no problems clearing

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i got my kooks from a guy selling them on modfords
i know of texas hot rods and joe heck racing having them. i have spoken to both companies and they are very nice and know their stuff. You may be able to geta lower price then advertised on texas hot rods but dont know how loose they are anymore

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
hookers for sure, bbk is the one i thought that was killing engines cuz of slag left after welding and such

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Are your Kook's 1 5/8" or are they 1 3/4", and do they have merge collectors? Any before and after dyno #'s?

gmaine

Established Member
I have had BBK headers for the past 3 years and have been through 2 clutches and one trans. All I do is pay a few extra bones to a speed shop to remove the header and be done with it. That is nothing compared to the guys who are blowing engines all the time.
BBK sounds great but not sure if it is any better or worse than anything else. They seem well built except for the cats on the shorty H which I had to replace because they disintegrated

c9obr6a

Established Member
BBK 3+ years tuner told me to get them said they were the best for being blown. Sound great, fit perfect. Have to remove pass side to remove trans other then that no complaints. I would buy them again just for the sound @ 3000 +

Users who are viewing this thread