Architect of Evil
Established Member
WOW!!! preeeetty!

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

pipe3.jpg

pipe4.jpg

JLT's "True" CAI in Mystichrome.

My supercharger really whines now! Feels nice and strong, seat o' the pants.

:thumbsup:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Yup, the MAF, and 7" powerstack filter are in the fender.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Atomheart - Check the fitment between the rubber elbow and the TB. Your JLT install is the third one I've seen pictures of and it appears to have the same problem as the others. The angle of the rubber elbow is not "optimal" and may allow un-metered air into the TB. You can see in your first pic that the clamp is not running flush with the face of the TB. Makes it look like it didn't get squeezed onto the TB all the way.

Take a look at these other install pics of the JLT that I've noted had fitment issues too.

U.M.

Tuckers JLT CAI is a very nice unit, just ENSURE it fits correctly is all I'm saying....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Atomheart - Check the fitment between the rubber elbow and the TB. Your JLT install is the third one I've seen pictures of and it appears to have the same problem as the others. The angle of the rubber elbow is not "optimal" and may allow un-metered air into the TB. You can see in your first pic that the clamp is not running flush with the face of the TB. Makes it look like it didn't get squeezed onto the TB all the way.

Take a look at these other install pics of the JLT that I've noted had fitment issues too.

U.M.

Tuckers JLT CAI is a very nice unit, just ENSURE it fits correctly is all I'm saying....

I hear ya, believe me, but I just could not get that thing on any further. It was 30 minutes of fighting and pushing and spraying with soapy water, and that's as far as it would go no matter what. so I tightened it down with the hose clamp and am 90% sure its a tight seal all the way around, but it doesn't really matter if it isn't cuz it wont go on any further.:shrug:

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
If you put the elbow on the TB first and tighten the TB sie clamp down real tight it will stay flust against the TB, also experiiment with rotating the elbow slightly either direction to get a proper alignment, this wasnt a easy install but onece you figure out which way is best to intsall it its pure TITTS. I had quite a frusterating time installing mine but I could do it again in probably 10min.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat

U.M.

GOOD EYE!!!

stvdman

Established Member
I had been following your discussions here and elsewhere trying to drum up a few others to get a "mystichrome group" togethere so JLT would make them. I am glad to see it worked out cause that looks "SAAAWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!"

Wilson & CO, sell that steeda, get one of those or the JLT RAI painted to match cause DAM, that looks good.

Atom- any SOTP difference or any other noteworthy results?

Users who are viewing this thread