Look what I happened upon today at the gym... (56k ???)

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
I'd consider that our 5.4 "big" brother, not little brother :D
well, i was just going by sheer size and age... we're much much larger and the gen2 L is older than the new GT. there's nothing in the rulebook though that says little brothers cannot dominate big brothers in every aspect other than towing capacity!

was that bridgewater mall in last pic??

dont think so... it was one of the shots the previous owner used to advertise the car on audiworld and he lived in boston and phili. i know exactly where you're talking about though. right near the movies.

Wow, I'm amazed every time I see them how low the roofs are.
i know... i just showed pictures to my mom and thats exactly what i was talking to her about. it's insane how the gt's roofline is essentially lower than the bottom of our windows!

p.s. chris, my birthday is tomorrow and im keeping my fingers crossed (once again) for the PC buffer!

Last edited:

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
good color combo with your truck and the GT! that would be a good Photoshoot together.

i know! i sat in my truck for 5 mins (like a sketchball) waiting for the dude to show up so i could "pretend" i just got there (obviously with dreams of us becoming best friends and me driving the GT around town etc. and eventually having a proper photoshoot). needless to say, that didnt happen.

there are so many sick cars at my YMCA though (maseratis, a white lotus exige s, numerous c6z's, numerous rs4's, b5 s4's, 997tt's) that a ymca member car photoshoot would be pretty impressive haha

Red Koolaid

Established Member
i know! i sat in my truck for 5 mins (like a sketchball) waiting for the dude to show up so i could "pretend" i just got there (obviously with dreams of us becoming best friends and me driving the GT around town etc. and eventually having a proper photoshoot). needless to say, that didnt happen.

there are so many sick cars at my YMCA though (maseratis, a white lotus exige s, numerous c6z's, numerous rs4's, b5 s4's, 997tt's) that a ymca member car photoshoot would be pretty impressive haha

lol.........like a sketchball?!?!?! LOL i think we all would of done the same man! What if the driver of that car is some Hot Gearhead chick?!?!?!? NUDE photoshoot!!!!!

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Wow, I'm amazed every time I see them how low the roofs are.

You have no idea. Pain in the ass to get in and out. I like driving them but in the back of my mind Im like wow Im driving Jay Leno's GT. I have to drive them at work. Yeh I know I have to :-D

ecoastkid

Established Member

Thats one of the funniest things I have read in a long time...We have all done that at one time or another...lol

Ah yes...Jersey...lol...I grew up in Hillsborough...still amazes me when I go back the cars you can see on a daily basis. Not to mention the weather theses people will drive their awesome cars in....ugh.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I thought you said she was uninsured. You could sue her insurance if she had any. Remember that there's probably a 1 or 2 year statute of limitations.

You can only get from her insurance company upto her limits...they arent liable past that.

If she has a 100K limit...she probably has your state minimums tho...here they are low...something like 15/30/5...I forget exactly.

All those big numbers you see in the news for someones broken finger are due to an accident with a commercial vechical or someone that was way over insured.

One other source of money is your own insurance company. If you get the other insurance company to pay the limits, and you have "underinsured" coverage. You just submit a claim to your company for some extra dough.

Limited Tort dont mean shit if you had any visible injurys...(That includes by xray)...

Lastly, watch out for subjigation (Dunno if thats spelled correct). Your health insurance company will want any money they laid out back from your settlement first. Usally they will ask for 66% but some asshole companys will ask for 100%...Fight them.

Attorney fees can be anywhere from 25 - 50% (Pre subjigation) so watch out for that.

I got pretty good at this after my wifes head on collision about a year ago.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
Its funny how he still parks far out from you!

haha he got there first... i usually park in the farthest corner away from absolutly everyone, but i made an exception that day. he was actually parked fairly close to everyone else!

UPDATE:
I saw this CGT today and figured I'd post some pics of the other cars I've seen in the lot recently
02-21-08_1718.jpg

C6Z I see all the time
06-14-07_1719.jpg

Maserati GT that made its first appearance around Christmas
12-31-07_1552.jpg

Lotus Exige S complete with busted front splitter and "red bow" mod... I, for the life of me, cannot fathom how this could be a mans car with both of the aforementioned problems. That being said, I also cannot imagine a soccer mom (the typical source of the red bow mod and the busted front bumper) driving around in an exige s!
12-28-07_1645.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread