Lookin for a tv but need some advice

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Don't even bother buying one right now. This summer they are releasing OLED tvs which are much more advanced than tvs out now. There is no point in buying right now as the most expensive tvs out now will be extremely cheap in the coming months.

OLED has been around for a few years now. Issue is they don't make a big screen with that technology yet.
They are talking about coming out with a 42" which in today's terms is considered small. Not to mention price will be higher than other technologies out there now.
I don't see it having a effect on led, lcd, plasma pricing right away due to smaller size and cost of the unit to make. But hey I have been wrong before.

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
Now's a great time to buy TVs. I've got both a 1080P 40" in my living room and a 720P 37" in my bedroom, both LCDs. BR TV was fairly cheap at $640 a couple years ago, but LR was expensive at $1400 about 4 years ago since it was a thin bezel that would just fit into my entertainment center. It also remained expensive for years after I bought it. Now, while I am preparing to move to another home, I'm happy to see all these killer deals on TVs even larger than the ones I have, because I intend to put my 40 incher into my BR in the new home and keep the 37 incher for guests. I'll need something 55" or better for my family room.

FSSNK

Established Member
55" Samsung LED. Its in the living room and works great! 36" in the bedroom.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I must know it all because a new t.v was a subject to it... hmmm thing of the past my ass.

Are you serious? It was either a faulty tv, you left it paused for a long period of time (in which this can happen to any tv..not just plasma), or your settings are straight out of the box, which would explain a lot here:nonono: I've helped countless people on here with their audio/video needs b/c I consider myself to be very knowledgable in this subject. Those people must have too b/c they all PM'd me for info b/c I can back my statements with hard evidence. I've been over at AVSforums for years now..I would take a look over there if I were you

concerning burn in...

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

Plasma TV “Burn-In”: Fact or Myth?

Plasma TV Buying Guide: Nine Common Misconceptions About Plasma TVs

unless you're leaving it on one channel and never changing it you will be fine. Gyms and fitness centers are an example of this. The Golds Gym I am a member of actually has the espn logo burned into their LCD tvs. The tvs have probably been there for 3+ years though. With normal usage this should not be an issue on newer plasmas. Now i'm not saying buying a plasma over an lcd or led. Thats all personal preference and where you are putting it in your home. One is not any "better" than another.

Good info. Ehh...I won't start anything here but there's a reason why the top 3-4 tv's for the past many years have been plasma. Black level ftw :rockon:

Don't even bother buying one right now. This summer they are releasing OLED tvs which are much more advanced than tvs out now. There is no point in buying right now as the most expensive tvs out now will be extremely cheap in the coming months.

As stated earlier, OLED is in a pretty small stage right now and when it's readily available in larger screens it's going to be $$$$$

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread