Looking at an 04 Term tomorrow. What do you think of it?

UncleDan

Established Member
Please DO NOT enquire about the car as I am pretty serious about buying it...

But to all you guys out there, do you think this car is a good deal? The miles are a little higher than what I prefer, and it looks like it needs a little bit of TLC, but it might have good potential. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow, what do you guys think of this one?

Thanks guys!!

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Just 50k Miles, w/ Warrantee

sc98cbra

Established Member
I hope you're not paying the $19995 asking price..

I paid 19,000$ a year ago for my 04 SY coupe with 50k miles at a dealership, and paid $18,000 for my RFM 04 coupe with 50k miles private party in January.

The car looks decent... Engine bay is a little dirty.

I see that the car has a few mods, 2.8 blower pulley, and intake from what i can see.... Make sure you get dyno sheets

The pictures look a little rough, but I do notice the clutch pedal missing and maybe some wear in the seats... Cant expect better from a 56k miles car...

MAKE SURE YOU GET DYNO SHEETS AND A CARFAX REPORT

Others should chime in soon...

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I paid a little over $19K for my '03 with 35,XXX that was in near immaculate condition about a year ago. If it were me, I don't think I would drop 20 grand on this one if it's missing a clutch pedal, it's dirty, has higher mileage, etc. There are deals out there, you just have to be willing to look and possibly drive to the location or have it shipped.

UncleDan

Established Member
Yes I'll definitely get the dyno sheets (if he has any) and I'll do a carfax. Plus my father is coming to look with me, and there is no hiding things from him. If it's been screwed with or hit, he'll find it. He's probably going to have the guy put the car up on a lift so he can look at it.

I noticed the clutch pad is missing too, that's an easy fix. I also don't like that stupid gray thing on the back either, I'm hoping it comes off easily. I'll see if that engine bay can be cleaned up, and I'm definitely not paying $19k for it. I'll offer him $18.

The thing is, I don't mind having a few little things wrong with it because those things can be fixed. I bet that car would look 10x better after a wash and some tire shine too... Plus it's 40 minutes away from me! I'd be a dummy not to go look!

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
yea get a car fax, in a few of the pictures it looks like a different shade of silver from the right front panel forward. Def talk this guy down. I wouldn't pay anything over $17,500. He's a dealer you know he has no more than $13-14k in it.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Honestly I would keep looking, 20K for thats a bit high, I spent alittle under 17K for mine with 24K on the car about a year ago. You can find good deals, just keep an eye out!

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
I paid $19.5 for mine with 14k miles on Tuesday. The deals ar out there. Look at the silver 10th vert for 20k with 21k miles that someone has for sale in this forum.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
why hello fellow Masshole :)

You want my honest opinon....don't even waste your time. There are tons of much nicer cars for better prices if you are willing to travel a bit

Just by the looks of the engine bay and wheels, that car was run hard and put away wet. It has an upper pulley on it too, so you have no clue if that car is properly tuned.

just my .02 cents.....good luck!!

p.s. I'll keep my eye open for you locally

Last edited:

UncleDan

Established Member
You're all probably right. I figured since it was close that it was worth a look, but there is no way I'd pay anything near 19k for that car.

Hey man Massholes unite!! Thanks for keeping your eye out! BTW I'm looking for a coupe only! Congrats on the Cobra!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
make sure you check out Veracka motors...they always have a bunch of cobra's. Just be real carefull and inspect the car closely....but they always have a bunch.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I paid $19.5 for mine with 14k miles on Tuesday. The deals ar out there. Look at the silver 10th vert for 20k with 21k miles that someone has for sale in this forum.

damn dude you suck! J/K sweet deal!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I wouldn't buy for that price, it's been driven hard and not taken care of from what I can see in pics.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
damn dude you suck! J/K sweet deal!

LOL. I know man, I got lucky. I looked on this site for almost 2 years and found this cobra local 15 miles from me. I didn't want a very but couldn't pass up the deal. Now that I have the very I am so happy I got it. To anyone that says they don't want a very I recommend getting one if the deal is right.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
You're all probably right. I figured since it was close that it was worth a look, but there is no way I'd pay anything near 19k for that car.

Hey man Massholes unite!! Thanks for keeping your eye out! BTW I'm looking for a coupe only! Congrats on the Cobra!

Where in Mass are you from? I got my silver for 20K with 30k on it. I wouldn't pay more than 17K for it. BTW, looking at it wouldn't hurt.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Where in Mass are you from? I got my silver for 20K with 30k on it. I wouldn't pay more than 17K for it. BTW, looking at it wouldn't hurt.

+1.....Go look at it. It always gives you a starting point to compare other cars you look at. That way you can judge the other cars and know which one was better and for what price.

UncleDan

Established Member
massmustangs, I live in the Worcester area right now, I'm actually from the cape though... do you know any deals?

Users who are viewing this thread