Looking at Cobras. Input, if you don't mind

HRJ

G'day!
Established Member
My wife is set on having her own hot-rod. She has narrowed her scope to either another GTO or a Terminator. I would prefer the Terminator.....no sense having two of the same thing unless you're talking women...lol.

So my question is, could you gents give me a little insight about what I need to look for? Things to inspect? She will want it to be modded, so can you safely buy a modded Cobra or is a stock one a better choice to begin with(there are a few stock ones on E-Bay..much to my surprise)? I think she would realy like a 'vert Cobra, but I'm not sure if that would be a smart move with a car that makes this much power.

I appreciate whatever input you guys can give me.

Joe

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
i would always recommend going with a untouched car, or at least one that the only things done are the basics (intake, exhaust, tires, etc.) but anything more in depth (gears, suspension, ported blower/KB or whipple, etc.) should be passed on, or at least proven through receipts. you never know how mechanicaly inclined they were, or if they got it tuned by some moron

Eric

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
I bought mine slightly modded (pullied, cat-back) and was unsure of the tune which kind of scared me. Some have "the tick" in the motor you might want to listen for. Check to see if the gas pedal has gone through the recall process yet. This should get you started.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I agree with these Guys. I went with a 10,000 mile car, that had light mods save for Maximum Motorsports suspension and a Stage 4 Steggy port w/a 2.93" pulley. It was tuned by a reputable shop, so I went for it and couldn't be happier. I also paid a premium price, but.... I got a premium car. I added the other mods I was wanting, had it tuned, and am very happy.

I would stay away from an early run 03' car. I have heard that the heads don't have as many threads in the plug holes, and several double pullied cars have had plugs blow out of the heads.

Last edited:

Cold Brew

Established Member
DonnieDarko said:
Are the doors supposed to automatically lock when you start the car?

Mine dont automatically lock ever. I was wondering about that also.

HRJ

G'day!
Established Member
Thanks for the input and for the link. Very good information!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
11Sec_Lx said:
...I would stay away from an early run 03' car. I have heard that the heads don't have as many threads in the plug holes, and several double pullied cars have had plugs blow out of the heads.

incorrect

there *may* be some '04's with more than 4 threads but that has never been proven to be true

AFAIC, all Terminators have 4 threads unless they received the revised heads (Jan '05) at a dealership

I've also seen stock pullied cars that blew a plug out...

don't let that scare you away though.....this car is the best bang for the buck in the musclecar world!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HRJ said:
Thanks for the input and for the link. Very good information!
Glad to help. If you need any more info or help, don't be afraid to ask. :)

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
11Sec_Lx said:
I will consider myself corrected. I don't want to be spreading incorrect info. Thanks...

Bob,

The info on your webiste is excellent!

Thanks...

wasn't trying to be a know-it-all.......just figured I'd clear that up :beer:

DonMTV

Established Member
I'd love to have it so that my car door locks lock automatically. My parents Focus wagon does that. It has to be something we program. Anyone have info on that?

Don

Users who are viewing this thread