Looking at this car- Advice please - BEAST in the making? What do you think? Thanks!

go2cdmb

Established Member
Let me pick your brains fellas... What do you guys think of this one...?

Ford : Mustang: eBay Motors (item 270617823407 end time Aug-11-10 18:10:00 PDT)

I'm thinking of going up and checking it out, as it's only 2 hours from me...

Any thoughts?
Any advice?
What would you offer for it?
Any likes or dislikes.
Pour it on!!!!

It looks like all it needs are some fuel upgrades and a big kb or whipple.//

Thanks for your time!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks pretty nice, depends what you want to do with the car. IRS is gone, looks like it's setup for racing. It has the revised heads which is nice. Alot is done to it, you should REALLY look the car over if your serious.

If seller is firm on the price, and you upgrade to a twinscrew and fuel mods you'll have 30k in it. It's all about your plans for the car.

futureSVT

Established Member
it looks nice, but it also looks like it has been to the track a good bit. What are your plans for the car? For 25k plus the cost of a KB, you could find a cobra with a TS already. I personally like my IRS but again it all has to do with your plans with the car.

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Check mine out. Not 2 hours away from you, but its much nicer :rolling:

it is item number 130419690530.

Litt bit more money, but I have way more in it than that one. Plus it is'nt a track whore :lol1:

i8urSS

Established Member
its really clean but that doesnt really mean much. its low mileage but it does look a little abused. i think you could talk him down. maybe around 21k or 22k. but with out the big stuff done to it i could justify paying 25,700. and technically all terminators are beasts in the making. just dont get carried away and map out exactly what you want and i guarantee there is a cobra somewhere with everything you want.

Mustang289

Established Member
Are you looking for mostly drag car, or street car with occasional track time? If you're looking for a street car with occasional track I would stick with the IRS. The stock IRS needs some aftermarket parts to get rid of wheel hop, but it's a good all round suspension.

If you're looking for mostly a drag car, you're already setup with an SRA on this term. bummer on the drum brakes in the rear.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some say that this car looks abused. I don't see any abuse. We don't even know if it has been raced. It does only have 14.5K miles on it. It's set up for the track but the owner didn't finish his project. I would definitely question the seller about this. I would say this car looks very nice and would be a car I would certainly look at closer if it was something I was interested in.

Go2cdmb, this info on my website might help you. .. Tips When Buying A Used Terminator

Last edited:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Yeah some parts of it seems like downgrading parts imo.

Exactly because I know my upper only car does not stop for crap on the deep end of the track. So remove rear disk and go to drum= worse brakings??? What is the logic behind this?

GodStang

Established Member
Some say that this car looks abused. I don't see any abuse. We don't even know if it has been raced. It does only have 14.5K miles on it. It's set up for the track but the owner didn't finish his project. I would definitely question the seller about this. I would say this car looks very nice and would be a car I would certainly look at closer if it was something I was interested in.

Go2cdmb, this info on my website might help you. .. Tips When Buying A Used Terminator

"BFG drag radials are on the extra 2). BFG’s still useable, but not much tread. I am still running the original Goodyear factory tires, 2 good and 2 poor. I will include 2 Mickey Thompson 275/60R15 ET Streets mounted on black steel wheels."

He has bald race tires and only drives the car 2K miles a year? I beat the car had a Twin screw on it and he took it off to sell it. I would bet thats a track car mostly.

go2cdmb

Established Member
Exactly because I know my upper only car does not stop for crap on the deep end of the track. So remove rear disk and go to drum= worse brakings??? What is the logic behind this?

Laziness.

it looks nice, but it also looks like it has been to the track a good bit. What are your plans for the car? For 25k plus the cost of a KB, you could find a cobra with a TS already. I personally like my IRS but again it all has to do with your plans with the car.

Oh for sure it has. I'm planning on an occasional track, and yeah point taken. Negotiating and getting preowned parts to cap it off shouldnt leave me at too bad a price. We'll see, I'll give him a call and check it out...

Check mine out. Not 2 hours away from you, but its much nicer :rolling:

it is item number 130419690530.

Litt bit more money, but I have way more in it than that one. Plus it is'nt a track whore :lol1:

LOL, understood, nice car.

its really clean but that doesnt really mean much. its low mileage but it does look a little abused. i think you could talk him down. maybe around 21k or 22k. but with out the big stuff done to it i could justify paying 25,700. and technically all terminators are beasts in the making. just dont get carried away and map out exactly what you want and i guarantee there is a cobra somewhere with everything you want.

For sure, they are. Thats why im here and wanting another :rockon:

"BFG drag radials are on the extra 2). BFG’s still useable, but not much tread. I am still running the original Goodyear factory tires, 2 good and 2 poor. I will include 2 Mickey Thompson 275/60R15 ET Streets mounted on black steel wheels."

He has bald race tires and only drives the car 2K miles a year? I beat the car had a Twin screw on it and he took it off to sell it. I would bet thats a track car mostly.

Def, gonna do a thorough check for sure..

go2cdmb

Established Member
Are you looking for mostly drag car, or street car with occasional track time? If you're looking for a street car with occasional track I would stick with the IRS. The stock IRS needs some aftermarket parts to get rid of wheel hop, but it's a good all round suspension.

If you're looking for mostly a drag car, you're already setup with an SRA on this term. bummer on the drum brakes in the rear.

Mostly street, good points

Thanks Bob, well put./// Thanks for the link, I used it a sa guide on my first term and have talked with ya on the phone and bought a gaskets as well. Appreciate the input.

Users who are viewing this thread