Looking for a little more while keeping a stock engine.

PC03GT

Established Member
Don't. Dynos should be used for tuning, not bragging rights. Have you taken your car down the track?

Numbers don't really mean shit, but it's always nice to have more power. You get used to the powerband quick in a centri car

WIST2013GT

Established Member
track MPH would tell you a lot more than a dyno sheet. I have a pretty similar build but stock exhaust/headers. It would be nice to see a before/after on the torque booster!!!

I would love a strict before/after of just the torque booster on a dyno AND at a track.

I have read what Beefcake wrote about the gains but it would be nice to see an independent party test it out.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
The weather where is live has been total garbage, it's been raining every day and the forecast is rain literally for the next week lol, so we will have to see about track times.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
dyno%202.jpg

Sorry for the long wait, I got the torque booster kit and ended up getting some engine knock at 6400 rpms. This dyno sheet reflects that. I ordered a oil separator from bobsautosports to fix the issue. it took a while to get here because it was back ordered. http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Ultimate-2011-14-50-MustangGT-Pass-side-Oil-separator-Ultimate50.htm. Got it installed and I'm not entirely sure if the problem is fixed so I will be re dynoing again. Unfortunately I have to leave town for 17 days starting on the first so I wont be able to do that until I'm back. When the knock is fixed I'm projecting a little over 570whp which would be around 715 to the crank because it is an auto. That would be pretty much the max I wanna run on stock internals.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So the car now feels faster (more tq) but probably isn't in reality.

If I was you (I was a few years back) I'd buy a return fuel system, get 2 tunes. 1 for e85 and 1 for gas.

Then pulley down to a 3.48 for 11-12 psi and let her eat.

Actually, just set the wastegste to 11-12 psi now that you have the 3.33.

This setup would make about 700-750 wheel on e85 and max out your stock long block.

My $.02.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
So the car now feels faster (more tq) but probably isn't in reality.

If I was you (I was a few years back) I'd buy a return fuel system, get 2 tunes. 1 for e85 and 1 for gas.

Then pulley down to a 3.48 for 11-12 psi and let her eat.

Actually, just set the wastegste to 11-12 psi now that you have the 3.33.

This setup would make about 700-750 wheel on e85 and max out your stock long block.

My $.02.
What fuel system do you recommend? Would my boost a pump still be useful with that or would i be able to sell it?

krhonn

Established Member
Fore innovations make great systems from what I've read. I currently have one but have yet to install it. I went with the dual pump stage 2. If I were to purchase again I'd go with the fc3 controller so I could run a Hobbs switch. I bought the fc2 before I did my research.
Going with this system will allow you to get rid of the bap as it will not be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread