Looking for a race.

Spots

Established Member
8.9???? I ran a 9.0 in my at the time stock mach 1 and this was at 5300 ft above sea level with a DA of 7200. Midpipe, catback and some drag radials and I was running 8.5s-8.6s at the same altitude.

Race legal is a very very hard track to cut good times on. There is no traction there at all, 95% of rear wheel drive cars will not hook.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
What day do we wanna meet down there? The next race date is Oct. 8th, but I know for sure I can't make that one. My vote is for Barona Oct 16th, its a saturday. And the cars will have much better traction, Race Legal sucks for traction period.

Its a small 500 rwhp race tune from Nick at Dmaxtuner. Theres more in it, I just haven't gotten everything sorted out yet. I need more fuel to break 7.99 on nitrous.

I'm in Afghanistan until the end of November.

I am stockish... but you are too far...

I am stockish just like you. :lol:

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
hahaha

the mod wants to race a stock cobra so he can post up he walked on one with his 2500 lol. just being a smartass moparkidd :burn:

haha i wont walk on one. im not as fast as spots is. I just thought it would be fun, plus i love these cars and just wanted to say i ran one, all in good fun. i have a few friends heading to steele one weekend soon if any of you guys want to come there?

Moparkidd

Established Member
OP...where in Alabama are you?

North Alabama, Huntsville dragstrip is good for me, steele, baileyton goodtime, or i might can come towards GA one weekend.

EDIT: just realized spots truck is an 05 so i may be down close to same times as him, i'll know next week with the new mods.

Last edited:

Moparkidd

Established Member
Looks like im all out on the races for awhile. gotta get this tranny built. i ran her pretty hard tonight and limped it.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
race legal, what a joke.. I can't hook up for chit there.. not till the top of 3rd gear can I get into it at all, otherwise I just spin the tires (stock street tires) and I though that Hawaii Raceway Park was bad 10 years ago..

Spots

Established Member
Looks like im all out on the races for awhile. gotta get this tranny built. i ran her pretty hard tonight and limped it.

You limped it a gear below 5th? I'm running stock tranny, and launching it spooled on the button, so if it was gonna break, it'd do it on the launch. You better learn to lock that OD out, and run her in tow/haul son :banana: Or get the cha ching for a stage 5 tranny lol

Moparkidd

Established Member
You limped it a gear below 5th? I'm running stock tranny, and launching it spooled on the button, so if it was gonna break, it'd do it on the launch. You better learn to lock that OD out, and run her in tow/haul son :banana: Or get the cha ching for a stage 5 tranny lol

well, i think i just had her in a weird spot, i was goin about 60, and a trans am came up beside me, paused, and floored it. of course i stomped it too. when she shifted into 5th it limped. i messed up.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
North Alabama, Huntsville dragstrip is good for me, steele, baileyton goodtime, or i might can come towards GA one weekend.

EDIT: just realized spots truck is an 05 so i may be down close to same times as him, i'll know next week with the new mods.

If you ever make it to Phenix City Dragway, let me know. Might be willing to blast down I-85 a few times as well...as long as we stay below the speed limit, of course!

Moparkidd

Established Member
If you ever make it to Phenix City Dragway, let me know. Might be willing to blast down I-85 a few times as well...as long as we stay below the speed limit, of course!

will do! working on gettin my tranny built then i'll give ya a call! :banana:

Red Venum

Established Member
:-D
haha i wont walk on one. im not as fast as spots is. I just thought it would be fun, plus i love these cars and just wanted to say i ran one, all in good fun. i have a few friends heading to steele one weekend soon if any of you guys want to come there?

When are ya'll going. Me and a friend were thinking of going soon. Mine isn't stock but my friends is. He only has exhaust and a tuner.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread