Looking for an Engine Builder (or maybe a built 302!)

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Looking for a good engine builder in the Leominster/Worcester County area that knows SBF's. There's a guy my buddy' uses for his shop up in NH but he's better with Chevy motors and is VERY expensive. I have a 68 302 that I'm looking to have machined and maybe partially assembled. If you know a good shop let me know!

Also might be interested in buying an already assembled 302 or more preferably a 306 (or a 331 stroker if you really want to get rid of it cheap lol). Long or shortblock is fine. My interest is dependent on build quality/power/price. If you have something just let me know!

gtmustang00

Established Member
You get what you pay for. PK Machine in Fitchburg has built 2 motors for us. No issues.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
And don't I know it! Not looking for a cheap shop but I'm also not about to spend big bucks to have a guy who specializes in Chevys do my motor over. I'll have to check PK out. Thanks.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Kingsley machine in Nashua Nh. It seems like your not that far from there. Has done many motors for friends at a good price. We also used to go to him with the dealership work too.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
ABT machine in Holliston is top notch. Been to PK. I'll never go back
Good deal. What was wrong with PK?

Kingsley machine in Nashua Nh. It seems like your not that far from there. Has done many motors for friends at a good price. We also used to go to him with the dealership work too.
I'll have to check them out. Thanks

03' White Snake

Established Member
What about that place in Sterling, ESP ?

Do they build engines ?

I don't think ESP builds engines.

Bob from CE racing used to use ABT Machine in Holliston for all his engines. Bob was one of the best around. He did my engine for me. He also did almost all the engines for Dez.

stiffler197

Hollow Point Racing
Established Member
PK sat on my engine for 3 months without touching it or returning my calls. Had to go there and get it. Also wanted to charge me out the ass for simple hot tank and bore. Shop is a dump too

ABT is a clean shop. Calls you every step of the way for status updates and gets it done when they say they will

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
What about that place in Sterling, ESP ?

Do they build engines ?

Pretty sure not. The owner has his 76 Trans Am down at my buddies shop right now though. Someone crashed through his shop awhile back and caved in the tail end of the car. The thing is a beast though! Built 455 that's been converted to fuel injection with a big blower. It's making crazy power. Can't wait to see that thing back on the road!

Bob from CE racing used to use ABT Machine in Holliston for all his engines. Bob was one of the best around. He did my engine for me. He also did almost all the engines for Dez.

Good to know. I'll have to keep them in mind.

Also, here's my buddies engine that might be interested in selling. He is not on here.

http://instagram.com/p/rl65pRnT4r

Dear god that is one hell of a motor! Out of my price range for this project though.

PK sat on my engine for 3 months without touching it or returning my calls. Had to go there and get it. Also wanted to charge me out the ass for simple hot tank and bore. Shop is a dump too

ABT is a clean shop. Calls you every step of the way for status updates and gets it done when they say they will

I hate shops that do stuff like that. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member

That's where I would go just for that reason. If they were good enough for Bob then they are good enough for everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread