looking for around 100hp

Action

Established Member
As the title states, I'm wanting to add around 100hp to my 2013 gt500 and the idea is to do a TB, tune, ane upper pulley. I would also like to know peoples thoughts on the best parts; I've been around the block enough to know you get what you pay for and that some shops are not worth their weight in brown stuff. That said, I was thinking about the Ford racing dual 65mm TB, lethal performance tune, and VMP stainless 2.4" upper. Thanks in advance for your input.:beer:

Shhhh

Established Member
Those will get you ~100rwhp. Some people go with the single bladed TB which does flow more CFM and supposively they have worked out tuning them so you no longer get any weird idle or dieing. I'd recommend getting a lower instead of the upper or if you want, go with a 10% lower along with your 2.4 upper if you have a source of 93 octane.

Action

Established Member
Unfortunately I dont have access to 93, just 91. I too have read the issues with the mono-blade and I rather avoid any potential tuning issues. Is the sct lund tune a good route to go?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As the title states, I'm wanting to add around 100hp to my 2013 gt500 and the idea is to do a TB, tune, ane upper pulley. I would also like to know peoples thoughts on the best parts; I've been around the block enough to know you get what you pay for and that some shops are not worth their weight in brown stuff. That said, I was thinking about the Ford racing dual 65mm TB, lethal performance tune, and VMP stainless 2.4" upper. Thanks in advance for your input.:beer:

We've got several options for you which will gain you anywhere from 60rwhp to 140rwhp over stock. That's based on 93 octane so if you're going to be running 91 you can expect a bit less than that for each of these packages.

These are all kits we've tested on our own car on the dyno, on the street and at the track. They're proven results so just like you mentioned you'll be getting what you pay for. We used the Whipple monoblade on our own car which tuned great. The FRPP single blade and dual blade throttle bodies work excellent as well which is why we chose to use them in the packages. Both FRPP throttle bodies will give you very good drive ability.

If you have any questions please let us know. We're here to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

660rwhp package
Lethal Performance 2013 Shelby GT500 660 rwhp Power Pack - Lethal Performance - Power Packages - 2013-2014 5.8L Shelby GT500

680rwhp package
Lethal Performance 2013 Shelby GT500 680 rwhp Power Pack - Lethal Performance - Power Packages - 2013-2014 5.8L Shelby GT500

700rwhp package (On 93 you can actually expect closer to 725rwhp with this kit)
Lethal Performance 2013 Shelby GT500 700 rwhp Power Pack - Lethal Performance - Power Packages - 2013-2014 5.8L Shelby GT500

Here's the article we did with 5.0 Mustang & Superfords Magazine which shows exactly what we did and how the car responded.

2013 Shelby GT500 Bolt Ons - Let It Eat! - 5.0 Mustang Magazine

m5lp_1211_15_2013_gt500_bolt_ons_let_it_eat_.jpg

Shhhh

Established Member
Unfortunately I dont have access to 93, just 91. I too have read the issues with the mono-blade and I rather avoid any potential tuning issues. Is the sct lund tune a good route to go?

Ya they work fine but Im a firm believer in dyno tuning. Im not sure if a 10/15% can be run with 91 octane but either way I'd run a lower instead of an upper.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

The SCT device with Jon Lund tune we offer in our packages will perform excellent. There's probably no tuner out there that's tuned more 2013 GT500's then Lund Racing and with that comes experience.

You'll also get free revisions so if you add some headers later on or go with a different intake that's included in the price of the package. The only time there would be an upgrade fee for a revision would be if you go to an aftermarket supercharger/turbo setup. Those are considered premium tunes and require an upgrade fee.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Action

Established Member
Ya they work fine but Im a firm believer in dyno tuning. Im not sure if a 10/15% can be run with 91 octane but either way I'd run a lower instead of an upper.

What would the benefit of running a larger lower over a smaller upper? I was under the impression that the stock dampner was good and better left alone...

Action

Established Member
The SCT device with Jon Lund tune we offer in our packages will perform excellent. There's probably no tuner out there that's tuned more 2013 GT500's then Lund Racing and with that comes experience.

You'll also get free revisions so if you add some headers later on or go with a different intake that's included in the price of the package. The only time there would be an upgrade fee for a revision would be if you go to an aftermarket supercharger/turbo setup. Those are considered premium tunes and require an upgrade fee.

Thanks, Jared

Thanks Jared. I'll be giving you guys a call. Would you recommend doing a lower pulley over an upper?

dotmpeg

Established Member
It says on Lethal's site that the 15% lower won't work on track pack cars. I thought I read that somebody just used a different fitting or something to make it work?

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
In the research I have done and in speaking with the speed shop I use, the concern I have found is that putting a smaller upper on is over spinning the supercharger and increased belt slippage. I am looking at using the 10% lower to gain the added torque and boost.

I believe Birddoc figured out how to install the 15% OD on a GT500 with a Track Pack.

Shhhh

Established Member
In the research I have done and in speaking with the speed shop I use, the concern I have found is that putting a smaller upper on is over spinning the supercharger and increased belt slippage. I am looking at using the 10% lower to gain the added torque and boost.

I believe Birddoc figured out how to install the 15% OD on a GT500 with a Track Pack.

You will be over spinning the supercharger with a lower pulley as well. Just seems like there are better gains with the lower. If you do go with an upper I would use an idler pulley to prevent/minimize it from slipping.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Jared. I'll be giving you guys a call. Would you recommend doing a lower pulley over an upper?

Definitely looking forward to assisting you. In regards to the pulley it really depends on which route you prefer to go. The upper won't make as much boost or power/tq as the 10% lower but it still makes excellent power for the money. Another good thing about the lower is that you'll get much better belt wrap and prevent belt slip. The smaller you go with the upper pulley leaves room for belt slip. I have already spoken with Lund Racing and doing a lower with 91 octane isn't an issue. However a 10% is the most you'll want to run. The 15% will be too much for that grade of fuel.

Thanks,
Jared

Users who are viewing this thread