looking for info. has anyone ever retrofit projectors lenses in the stock head lights

olympic

Established Member
It's pretty straight forward with the Morimoto Mini H1 HID projectors. Hardest part is getting the lights apart without breaking them. Some tips I've learned:

-You can't unseal factory headlamps, they are sealed with epoxy, not butyl. You need aftermarket replacements.
-use an old oven that you don't cook food in or be prepared to buy a new one if you have a wife...lol!
-preheat for 30 min @ 250F. Raise the oven rack away from the lower heating element if you can. Put the light on a large cookie sheet and in the oven for 10 min.
-wear gloves, remove the light from the oven and try to pull the lens off starting at the inside seam (nearest the center of the car). Sometimes it'll come right off with some force, other times you need to pry around the edges to get it started coming off. If it won't come off put it back in the oven.
-putting them back together is the same heating process. The rear edge where the signal light is needs to "lock into" the housing first when putting the lens back on. Get that part going together first then push/squeeze the lens back into the housing.

There's plenty of Youtube videos on this process if you need a visual guide.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yep can do all of that, or buy repo housings off ebay and ship them to a shop to have it done.

Was too much headache for me to **** with, so I ordered some custom ones

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd try and save the stock ones and buy a set of aftermarket housings already retro fitted.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I did a set on my 98 and it was really simple. As mentioned, hardest part was getting them open.

Users who are viewing this thread