Looking for info on an older CBR.

92z28

Established Member
So earlier I was at a local bike shop to buy some gloves and I noticed a Honda CBR 929RR and I totally fell in love with the bike. Normally I don't care too much about sport bikes but for some reason I really liked the look of this one.

I know there are many other riders on this forum and I was hoping to get some info on these bikes. My current bike is a Sportster 1200 Custom, I know its not much of a bike more like a really loud ez chair that can do down the road.

jf4boogie

Established Member
929's are good bikes...

They arent the "fastest" big cc bike, but I'm sure plenty fast for what you're looking for.

The only thing to be careful of is if you do happen to drop it(even lightly), you'll almost guaranteed busting the stator cover (IIRC) and sometimes it will even crack the casing.

Anyway, its an all around good bike. Keep the oil changed and it will run forever.

Oh, and you may want to order a gel seat. Those damn things have boards for seats!

G/L!!

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I love all RR's My friend rides a 929 and loves it....It def isnt as fast the 1krr but still a great bike imo!

92z28

Established Member
I bet it would be plenty fast enough for me and what I have in mind for the bike. Like 99% of people will even push any sport bike to its limit on the street anyway. They want $5300 for it and it has some mods, does this sound about right or should I walk away?

homer302

Banned
A 929 "older". LOL That's not an old CBR.

This is an old CBR

100-0024_IMG.jpg

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i love 929's. I wanted one right out of highschool but talked myself out of it since I wanted to live longer. I may pick up one in the future though

jf4boogie

Established Member
im pretty sure those are carb bikes...sometimes those can be a pain

Wrong. Definitely a fuel injected bike.

I bet it would be plenty fast enough for me and what I have in mind for the bike. Like 99% of people will even push any sport bike to its limit on the street anyway. They want $5300 for it and it has some mods, does this sound about right or should I walk away?

What is the mileage and what are the mods?

92z28

Established Member
Wrong. Definitely a fuel injected bike.

What is the mileage and what are the mods?

It for sure was lowered, pipes, filter, I assume it was tuned also. I am not sure on the mileage and I will have to go back during the week to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread